“Authentic Thai food ”

Thai Country Kitchen
Ranked #19 of 35 Restaurants in Levin
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

Having spent some time in Thailand in August, I'm now eating in Thai restaurants whenever I get the chance.

The Thai Country Cafe isn't much to look at with very basic decor but the owner was a lovely man and the food was delicious. My friend and I both ordered stir fried veges with cashews - the vegetarian option for me and with chicken for my friend. We both enjoyed our meals.

I was brave enough to thank the owner in Thai and he responded very warmly, wanting to know when I was in Thailand and sharing his sadness about the recent death of the Thai King. It was a simple lunch but the food and language allowed me to feel closer to a country and culture I have such fond memories of.

1  Thank Joanne D

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

I went here for my birthday dinner. 35+ people . We had an amazing buffet. The tastes were exquisite. The quantities were generous. Everyone enjoyed the food.

1  Thank RikkiTiki
Reviewed 7 April 2016

The food was average, although it was owned by a Thai, the tom yam soup does not have the taste of authentic tom yam soup. I guess there might be a lack of the needed ingredients? The small place is old and tired, needs some renovation or cleaning up. There were quite a number of flies around.

Reviewed 30 March 2016 via mobile

The food at this Restaurant is just like in Thailand. The service is great. Perhaps not your normal Kiwi decor but if you want Thai food then this rates.

Reviewed 29 December 2015 via mobile

Just had the most amazing Asian buffet at this place. Super delicious and authentic. Staff really friendly. Really recommend if you are travelling through Levin.