2,842 results
All reviews asian restaurant hacienda pinilla costa rica caravan tour infinity edge closest town beach club azul grill kids club pool staff ocean view turn down service breakfast buffet beautiful property tamari remote location rental car
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

One of the most beautiful places I’ve ever seen. staff is unbelievable . It’s location is perfect. Food was great. I know have to say the overall vibe was so high. I did not want to leave. I think you all would be happy if you made the choice to stay here.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank WilliamKaralis
GM_JWGuanacaste, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Guanacaste Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

WOW We truly appreciate your amazing review WilliamKaralis! We are pleased to know that we meet your expectations and had create an unforgettable experience.

Remember that we are here for you and we will be waiting for your second visit.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

We stayed for a week for a conference my wife was attending. The facilities and grounds are beautiful - if you are a walker, the beach is good for walking but also the hotel grounds are great to walk on with sidewalks to stay out of the traffic. At the end of the road into the hotel one day (short walk) we saw about 12-14 monkeys ! Crossed the road one by one on electrical wires just above our heads. The only negative is that the property is very secluded and a cab/taxi ride away from anything.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Movinonup42

Dear Movinonup42;

It is good to know that you liked the Property and service received. Since we are located in a private property the beach is practically just for our guest and the owners of the properties at the Hacienda.

As you mentioned the Resort is located about 25 minutes from Tamarindo town, there is a company inside the property that provides a shuttle service to go to town and also provides private taxi services.

I do recommend to rent a car since is cheaper when you are a large family and also you can explore the area at any time you want.

Thank you very much for your great comments.

Sincerely;

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

We did the Couples “Stars and Sky” on the Beach Massage, paid just under $500 for a 90 minute session.

A few things you must know (they won’t tell you) before you decide to do this:

1. Robes are entirely too small. From a man’s point of view. I am 5,9” and weigh about 180 lbs, the robe they provide in the locker room for you to change into in entirely too small to give you “complete” coverage. You might have about 2 inches of overlap on the front and it is well above the knees. I have had massages at a lot of different places and you typically go commando under the robe. I wore shorts for this one, my wife went commando.

Assuming you are still reading this, you need to understand the spa is about a 1/4 mile from the location in which you will be getting your massage. That said, they parade you through the main lobby area, past the bars and restaurants, down to the pool area, past one last restaurant, and then down onto the beach to a semi-private covered location on the beach. If you happen to make the decision to go commando, do know you will have about a hundred plus eyes on you all the way down to the beach - it’s equivalent to the walk of shame.

2. Sandals are too small for the men - think they were about a size 7. I went barefoot, in hindsight I should have just wore my flip flops. Here is why: when you walk down to the beach, you will get sand on your feet. You need to wash it off before they start massaging - they do not - nor did I. When they oil you down for your massage, the sand gets mix’s in and it is like sandpaper. Not pleasant.

3. Mosquitoes - mosquitoes everywhere. Spraying on bug spray prior to your massage will provide temporary relief; but as your massage gets going, it will all be rubbed off or rubbed into your skin (which deet being rubbed in can’t be good for you). Nothing worse than being half naked on the beach at sunset and having mosquitoes continuously nibble on you.

4. The tent area - it’s covered on the top and around 3 sides- open in the front. The beach is not private and the distance between you and the water (depending on the tide) isn’t very far off. People walking by are eye-level with your “personal business” if you know what I mean. If you chose to go commando (like my wife), anyone walking on the beach has a straight view. The week we stayed there just so happen to be a OBGYN convention so it wouldn’t have be anything new to them.

The tent sides are not secured so any wind would blow the flaps open, anyone sitting in the restaurant about 30 feet away can see directly in. The kids throwing the football about 25 feet away on the beach also get an eye full.

5. It is not quiet. Although you can hear the ocean waves breaking and that part is nice, you can also hear people walking by, kids playing, people eating and being waited on, etc. again... semi-private.

All in all, I would not recommend this particular spa treatment - the massage itself is decent - but the logistics associated was not well thought out.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank james w
GM_JWGuanacaste, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Guanacaste Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Dear James W,

Greetings from JW Marriott Guanacaste!

We thanks you for your recent stay in our property. We appreciate your feedback regarding with the couple massage at the beach, your comments are really important for us and special measurements and actions would be taken to ensure a better experiences with our clients with the Spa services.

I hope you will give us another opportunity, to welcoming you once again at the resort and If your travel plans bring you back to Costa Rica it would be my absolute pleasure to assist you with your future reservations.

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had recently purchased ocean view property in Playa LaGarta from a dear friend and business associate. Having flown into San Jose to visit our friends , we were 5 hours drive from our destination in Playa LaGarta . Our friend, quite a world traveler, is an elite member of Marriott Rewards program . He suggested we make the 5 hr drive out to our property, spend some time late that day and again on the next . We booked rooms for one night knowing we could use some rest and pampering before our final day of exploring our property. What awaited us upon arrival at JW Marriott was that and much more. Service was impeccable, staff was superb , spa defies definition. The only thing regrettable about our visit was we were there for only one night. Even though we now own beautiful beach front property, we lack a home . I can assure everyone that JW Marriott will serve as our base during the time it takes to complete our dream home . Our dear friend has never steered us wrong . For recommending we stay there his word is now gold , just as JW Marriotts reputation

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
GM_JWGuanacaste, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Guanacaste Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

WOW thank you very much for your amazing review TheSwiftone1. I am glad to know that we meet your expectations and provide an unforgettable experience.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and have the pleasure to serve you for more days.

Reviewed 5 October 2018

The JW Marriott Hotel in Hacienda Panilla is a beautiful hotel. It's tucked away deep into Hacienda Panilla, so it's a bit off the beaten trail, but it's well worth the drive. From the time we entered the property, to the time we left, the employees provided exceptional customer service, were helpful and professional. Rainy season was beginning, so it was a bit of a downer not be able to enjoy the pool or walk down to the beach. We were only there 2 nights, but despite the rain, we were able to enjoy our stay.

We dined at Mansita for dinner the first night and we had a delicious meal and the servers were very attentive. I believe our server's name was Pedro. Since it was off season, he was able to engage in conversation and talk to us about Costa Rica and helped to answer questions we had. The room was clean and comfortable. They even had towels folded into a little animal with a welcome message.

We were able to arrange a nice horseback ride that took us up and down on the trail and onto the beach for a short time. The two guides were great and they took us to a rooftop vista so we could take in a 360 degree view of the area. Wow! Later that day we went ATV riding and it started to downpour, but we just kept on riding. It was a lot of fun, just a little dirty. Both tours we arranged through the hotel. We went with the tour that was close to the hotel.

The only thing we found that was slightly off, was that it felt a little like the two concierge staff we dealt with didn't really want to engage too much. We had to ask the questions, rather than being given suggestions. They were cordial, but I just didn't find them really helpful. Still in all, I'd definitely stay here again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Dawnlj206;

Thank you so much for your positive comments!

The most important for us is to meet your expectations and provide an unforgettable experience.

We are glad to know that you had the time to do some activities and have fun.

I will share your excellent comments with all our team and specially with Pedro who I am sure will be very happy.