Open today: 8:00 am - 9:00 pm
Review Highlights
Best Experience

OTR offers carefully selected tour packages. I took a one week trip with Shiva through Tamil Nadu... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
DerKurterich12
Pondicherry ride

It was a good ride. I rode to Pondicherry. There was some small village roads some higher speed... read more

Reviewed 17 April 2024
Archie Y

All reviews tamil nadu no issues motorcycle tour bike pace safety riding chennai agile
Selected filters

3-day tour - Chennai to Yelagiri

This was my first motorcycle tour and it was absolutely EPIC! Girish (our guide) was the consummate professional- prioritizing rider safety and comfort. He was responsive to our needs and receptive to our requests (photo ops, stops, etc.). We rode from Chennai to Yelagiri in about 9 hours. The pace was perfect and we had well-scheduled breaks. The communication protocols were a great help. I never felt lost or like I didn't know what to do. If we fell behind (traffic, slow cornering, etc.), Girish would always take note and wait for us to catch up before pressing on.

I dropped my bike and hurt my leg on day 2. Girish made sure I received proper and immediate medical care and checked in on me regularly as I stayed at the hotel to rest while the guys went sightseeing. He brought back lunch and even gave me his pillows so I could better elevate my leg! My leg is fine, btw.

I highly recommend the Yelagiri tour as you get to experience some of everything: highway, busy city streets, country/village roads, nice bends and twisties, and even a little light off-roading. I never felt pressured to ride beyond my skill level. That said, my skills improved significantly as a result of this ride.

Thank you, Girish and the Off To Ride team for providing a fun and engaging experience and sharing the beauty of Yelagiri and Tamil Nadu. Can't wait for the next ride! -Tabitha

Date of experience: May 2023
offtoride, Owner at Off To Ride Motorcycle Tours And Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2023

Hello Tabitha, First of all thank you so much for taking time to share your thoughts in a detailed way. We are totally glad to know about your ride and happy you could enjoy the same. We are also happy that you could recover and ride well with a good days rest. We look forward to more such rides with all of you in future. Thank you once again for your time to share your feedback for us. We assure you the best of our services always - Team Off to Ride

Reviewed 16 May 2023

Excellent service and a great ride. I would highly recommend Off-To-Ride for anyone looking for a guided motorcycle tour. I had only been taking lessons and riding for a few weeks but still felt confident and safe throughout the whole trip thanks to my guide's help.

Hello Will,

Thank you for sharing your feedback for us. We are totally glad to know you enjoyed the ride despite riding only for a few weeks. We look forward to more such rides with all of you in future. We assure you the best of our services always - Team Off to Ride

Hey Radhika:

I just wanted to circle around and thank you for choreographing an awesome trip. I very much appreciated the way you guys tailored the options to our needs--rider experience, scheduling, etc.

Girish was fantastic. Safety was clearly his first priority, and, as such, I think that we all felt well attended to and watched over on the trip. Will, of course, was just learning how to ride and felt that he came a long way on the trip. I think Girish provided peace of mind as he was learning the ins and outs of riding. When we had the scary incident where Tabitha's bike flipped, Girish was on top of it all. After making sure Tabitha was okay and moving her bike up the hill, he took us to a medical clinic to have her checked out. So, between the pre-ride briefings, the clear communication of hand signals and the awareness of where we were and what we were doing, he provided great security for the ride.

To boot, Girish was lovely to chat and play cards with in the evening.

The route that Off to Ride put together was perfect for beginning riders. The length was robust but not overwhelming. There was also a nice mix of highways, state roads, small lanes, straightaways, hairpins, rural landscape, villages and cities. The lions share were lovely country roads that allowed new riders to learn how to cruise and lean into turns. Great fun.

I already spoke to Girish about organizing some various rides in the next school year.

We are excited to work with your company again. I know there are others who would join if we could work out the timings.

Date of experience: May 2023
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Hello Doug,

First of all thank you so much for taking time to share your thoughts in a detailed way. We are totally glad to know about your ride and happy you could enjoy the same. It was our pleasure too to ensure it was tailored to your requirements & a totally enjoyable experience for us too.

Reviewed 7 February 2023

Off-to-ride Rentals. Rented BMW GS310
We are group of four friends wanting to explore waterfalls adjacent to Chennai. The entire clan had their BMW-GS to saddle upon while I was an Enfield guy. To match their pace and to explore the rough terrain, we rented a GS310 from Off-to-ride. Almost brand new vehicle, just 3500+ KMS ridden and was in great condition. Swift and agile, handled the puddles at ease. Booking the vehicle was quick and the hand-over and pick-up was easy. Girish, gives you great customer experience.

Would highly recommend it to my known sources.

Date of experience: February 2023
Reviewed 17 December 2022 via mobile

I’m in India for a brief vacation and was looking for a fun and safe way to hit the road. Off- to - Ride Chennai team not only helped me in this, but they made the ride so interesting and wonderful that My assumptions and apprehensions of riding back in Indian roads was firmly set aside to a exhilarating wonderful experience.
And yes they are capable of rustling up a good bunch of proven riders at short notice. And for the new year they have opened up an experience of riding in the north eastern frontier area …. Small group but amazing group 👍

Date of experience: June 2022
offtoride, Owner at Off To Ride Motorcycle Tours And Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2022

Dear Rajan, Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We are happy to know that you enjoyed the ride and riding with us. Its our pleasure we could make it a good experience for you and we look forward to you coming back again soon for more rides - Team Off to Ride