All reviews excellent hotel top floor sky lounge breakfast buffet per person train station suite views island sea english training design gym seoul ship port
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I was there for 12 days for a training from at Yeosu and my room was at 11th floor. In my opinion, the rooms were neat and clean and the morning breakfast had huge choices. I will miss that breakfast (more than 50 items) and my international friends as well. All the staffs were very very friendly and helpful. Amazing view from my room such as mountains, sea, islands, ships etc. Great experience for me.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 November 2017

Have stayed here before and found it to be very comfortable with good views. Seems like less of the staff could speak English, so a bit of a concern if you don't speak Korean. Restaurants and gym (added charges!) on premises. Great views.

Room Tip: ask to face the ocean.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2017

The service in this hotel is the worst. It's so bad that no amount of good food or nice room furnishings would suffice to make up for their terrible service.

Considering how far Yeosu is far from Seoul, I'd have wanted it to be my home away from home. But that was the last thing it was as it turns out.

I was a paying guest. At around midnight, I got hungry so I made myself a snack and stayed up to work. I was talking to a colleague on the phone, but my friend who staying with me in my room was asleep, so I decided to go to the lobby and have my snack there while talking to my colleague. I stayed in one of the lounge chairs, because there restaurant section was closed off. (Note: Usually hotel lobby restaurants might be closed but guests are still allowed to occupy the tables -- MVL was also an exception in that they closed off even access to those tables.)

So I sat in one of the lounge chairs with tables and had my snack there. But one of the receptionist basically shouted at me and kicked me out and said "I cannot eat at the lobby." I asked if there was any place in the hotel where I can eat, and he said "only your room" Staying there for two weeks, and this was the best service they can give me???

This hotel sucks, and it sucks like no other terrible hotel in Asia would.

WOULD NEVER GO BACK TO THIS PLACE.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Vin, Mrs Merlot and daughter Petite Merlot travelled by KTX fast train from Seoul. Taxi from Yeosu train station to MVL only short distance ( not that we understood )- one unhappy taxi driver! Arrived MVL at 8 pm, stunning reception area - grand scale.

The building design is very reminiscent of Dubai.

In the morning could more fully appreciate design and location. Yes rooms face the water but it is not a beach frontage but rather a port inlet. Relaxing yes but not completely soothing.

As other TA's have noted not a cheap hotel and probably average value but consistent with other international hotels. We had a suite on 6th floor for 3 people, but can easily accommodate 4 adults. 320,000 Kwon, plus additional charge for breakfast of 35,000 Kwon per person. Adds up quickly doesn't it!

Breakfast plenty of choice and equal to this standard of hotel internationally.

Had a evening drink in the 26 floor sky lounge which was interesting at night. Again prices not cheap but consistent with this standard eg scotch and gin (and tonic) 22,000 Kwon each.

Room was superior to most international hotels and for Vin in the absolute top tier. Service very good across the hotel and enough English spoken for non Korean travellers.

Overall excellent hotel but value for money lost it a star. Would Vin return - definitely!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Situated at the waterfront, conveniently close to the center. Hotel in shape of ship sail. Modern stylish rooms. Top floor restaurant with view; including small bar. Very good (though pricy) breakfast buffet (35,000 KRW).

Service st front desk good/ efficient. Wifi excellent - one access point per room.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business