“Great price, excellent service”
Review of Soljans Cafe

Soljans Cafe
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Kumeu
Price range: US$ 14 - US$ 26
Cuisines: New Zealand
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Family owned for three generations, Soljans Estate Winery & Cafe is located at the gateway to Kumeu Wine Country, Auckland's heritage wine region. Sample award-winning wines at the cellar door then enjoy exceptional New Zealand cuisine in the highly acclaimed winery cafe.
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

It was a warm sunny day so we sat in the outdoor area. Staff kindly lofted the plastic side wall to let in more of a breeze. We ordered lunch along with the recommended wine. Food was well presented and tasted really good. Would recommend.

Tony S, Owner at Soljans Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Dear Rewa P,

I am very pleased you enjoyed your lunch at our winery and there is nothing better than to do on a nice sunny day. We have created a
number of areas at our venue to suit all types of weather. I liked your point on the presentation of the food, it is as important as the taste I believe as most people eat with their eyes. Thank you for recommending Soljans and we look forward to you visiting us again.

Regards

Tony.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Had lunch and what a treat. Sat outside, beautiful day and enjoyed our meal. We both had a Croatian special that was on a very interesting menu and we extremely pleased with our choice. Enjoyed a nice sirah with the meal which again was excellent. Would recommend the restaurant highly if in the area touring wineries.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Refreshing to find- Cafe by name but not by nature - thank goodness a simple but delightful menu with real food not “cafe - out of a box food “
Chef quality
Refreshing wines
the sparkling rose Went down so well with the pork loin I bought a bottle for later and port often too heavy off the shelf - is worth a buy at a winery cellar door - Soljans is a family winery that has the formula for a good experience on point .

Will have to go back again for last supper before back home to the Whitsunday’s

Reviewed 14 February 2018

My Wife and I dine here regularly, and it never fails to live up to its well earned status.
The staff are extremely helpful and treat you like someone important.
The wine tasting serving staff know their wines very well.
I will keep returning here

Tony S, Owner at Soljans Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2018

Daer Graham S,

I read your posting with interest because you have highlighted points that I regard as very important, Staff are the face of the company so I was very pleased that they were helpful and treated you with respect, this I thought was great. I am also pleased with your comment on the wine serving staff, knowledge is everything and it comes with being helpful.

We will continue to maintain high standards and look forward to you visiting us again.

Kind Regards

Tony

Reviewed 13 January 2018

11 of us went out for a Sunday lunch in December. It's in a lovely location overlooking the vineyard. We booked well ahead and were seated at the far side of a room so didn't get to take advantage of the views - surprising since the place wasn't full. Inspire of this we had a reasonable meal and good wines. An enjoyable experience but in future would make sure we were located close to the windows or outdoor area.

Tony S, Owner at Soljans Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Dear Sue W,

I am pleased that you had an enjoyable experience when your group visited our winery in December but I think we could have done better by seating you in a different position. It is very nice to overlook the vineyard and park area although can get a bit noisy at times with children maybe that's why they sat you where they did. Our goal is to always make sure our customers are happy and do our best to seat them in their prefered area if we can. So next time you book please make sure you indicate where you want to sit and we will do so.

Thanks and Regards