“Froggies Divers the sunshine in our holiday”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bunaken Island
Froggies Divers Bunaken
Reviewed 27 January 2012

My wife and I were visiting Froggies from 20 till 27 december 2011. We were in that moment the only guests, and we were wondering about that. The Bungalow (Barracuda) had a wonderfull view over the Sea. We had no Christmas celebrations but our cook Betsy made every day Christmas lunches and dinners for us. The food was amasing.
The Manager Benny is a very nice guy but he is a man of no many words. (I am kidding). Benny knows what his job is and that is managing the people (not easy) and make his quests
feeling at home. He was bringing us to the most beautifull Undersea gardens we ever saw.
Ther eis only one blame and that is the Indonisien Gouverment who is doing nothing to all the pulosion what is comming from Manado. Our opinion is: stop throuing the dirt into the water otherwise there are no resorts anymore in that aria in the future.

Room Tip: The most beautifull view is from the Bungalows upstrears, but you have many steps to go. Only for pe...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michel B

Reviewed 25 November 2011

It was our second stay. The new restaurant and bungalows are really nice, with hot water, aircom, wifi, very good local spicy cooking but the real difference is Benny, the manager, who is always ready to help and respond to your suggestions. Froggies makes you pays only the dives you have actually done, even if you had bought a package.
Dives are as long as you can make them, with good and careful dive masters. Rental equipment is ok and dive sites, mostly walls are fantastic.
Froggies is definitly a must if you are diving near Manado.

Room Tip: newer bungalows are at the top of the slope, cheaper but noisier ones near the sea.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jean R
Reviewed 4 November 2011

This was my second trip back to the area and the fourth resort we stayed in. Whilst if was the most "buget" resort we visited it was my favorite. For me diving is as much about people as the diving its self. I loved the meal times where everybody sat at the same table and got to know each other.

Becides that it was half price of other resorts but offered more. Longer dive times (I love to dive), free daily laundry service which is so nice of you are doing a 2 week holiday, free WiFi to keep in touch with the world, free softdrinks.

Whilst we were there (a year ago), lots of renovations were being done and it would be great to go back and see how things have come along. Benny really looked after us and arranged for us to have packed breakfasts so that we could dive some of the sites further away.

Remember that this resort caters for divers and I agree it is not a pretty island. We were not there to sight see, we were there to dive and dive we did.

Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I have just returned from a fantastic spur of the moment trip to Froggies. With Bennys help I managed to effortlessly slip from Australia to my brand new renovated bungalow at Froggies in three days from idea to first dive. Benny organised everything for me and was there to welcome me with a big smile and genuine friendliness. Total peace, relaxation, diving, sleeping and good honest friendly service are what you will find at Froggies. You wont find minibars and flat screen tvs in your room, but you wont miss them as days are spent under water with excellent international and local guides in a living aquarium. You wont find disco's and full moon raves on the island, but you wont miss them either. This is a place to find tranquility, dive and explore the amazing underwater world while Benny and the team take care of everything for you. I have my own equipment but hired a reg which was new and in great condition. Food was more than adequate and better than other dive resorts I have stayed in although a little more variety would have been appreciated.
Froggies was a great place to drop out of the world for a few days - I will definitely be back to see Benny and the crew. Diving is absolutely fantastic and the guides are very good at spotting interesting critters to see.
A huge thanks and Good Luck to Benny and all at Froggies - Im sure I will be seeing you again soon :)

Room Tip: The new bungalow i stayed in was right at the top of the hill - over 100 steps up so If you have tro...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank GypsyGal_11
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Laundry service is excellent! Service crew and Dive Team are friendly and commited. Local delicacies are served during lunch and dinner. Beware if you can't take spicy food! Room is nice and cosy.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo