“Wonderful spot - just fantastic!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bunaken Divers - Sea Breeze Dive Resort

and 1 more site!
Bunaken Divers - Sea Breeze Dive Resort
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Bunaken Island
“Wonderful spot - just fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

Stayed at Sea Breeze Dive Resort for two nights in January, 2012.

First of all we were amazed by the wonderful views from our bungalow-style accommodation. Barely metres from the water and waking up to the sound of the ocean and with a sunrise was amazing. The rooms are very clean and the semi-outdoor shower is terrific also.

We took the opportunity to eat all our means in the restaurant and really enjoyed the food - fresh fish and fruit were a highlight. Great service from the waiter Ronald too who ensured you'd always have a drink.

Terry took us snorkeling at some amazing spots with literally thousands of fish to see. My partner took the opportunity to scuba-dive and Terry was happy to cater for beginners with plenty of time to get used to the equipment in the shallow water before tackling the ocean.

Thoroughly recommend going for a swim in the afternoon when the tide is in, it couldn't be more relaxing look out on the mountains one side, and back to the city the other.

I couldn't have had a more enjoyable stay. Thanks Terry and Dianna.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms are just amazing.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RobMelbourne86
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Korean first
Helsinki, Finland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Bunaken is a great place, especially when diving.
But I can’t recommend Seabreeze as good accommodation nor a good dive operator.
The diving equipment has serious flaws and I don’t think they practice safe diving.

I had the same experience as mentioned in Victoria W: s review regarding transport.
We choose to arrange transport from Seabreeze with a man from the village, because we got
A very good price.
When our boat arrived to Seabreeze, Diana chased him away and we were forced to pay and use seabreezes transport because we had a plane to catch.

I’m highly surprised when reading all the overwhelming positive reviews, all the guests I talked to were very disappointed with their stay at Seabreeze.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
11 Thank Dille D

Travellers are raving about these Bunaken Island hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

What a delight it was to stay at Sea Breeze! We were greeted on arrival by Terry and made to feel very welcome and at home!
I was very excited to see my bungalow was overlooking the water! (The sunrise was spectacular!) It was very clean and very comfortable. I loved that the shower had an outdoor feel about it!
The food was fantastic.....very tasty and healthy and always lots of it!
The staff were always on hand and ready to do anything for you, always with a smile on their face!
I was apprehensive about scuba diving but was encouraged by my friend to try Discover Scuba......so try it I did!Terry was fantastic with me, he encouraged me all the way and made me feel very comfortable! Unfortunately Scuba Diving was not for me! (I was breathing way too fast, the word hyperventilating was used!) Once I decided I couldn't do it Terry made me feel good about my decision and went on to encourage me to snorkel! We had a great day out in the boat, two of my friends dived and the other 3 of us snorkelled and swam! Then it was back to the resort for a shower, a cold beer and great night sharing our stories! Terry is a wealth of information on diving, Bunaken and the surrounding area! We also spent hours swimming in the water in front of the resort! Everything about our weekend, the resort and the people there was amazing!!! I hope I will be able to go back there again one day!! Mandy

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Driggs, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

We stayed for 10 nights and were thrilled with the diving throughout the marine park and snorkeling the house reef. The food was great with plenty of variety. Ronald and Tyson made sure ice cold beers were always at hand! Both Terry and Diana went above and beyond in arranging transportation to pick us up at the airport and then getting us settled in a good hotel in Manado before our flight out. We would highly recommend Sea Breeze and hope to return again soon!

• Stayed January 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tangerang, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2012

We took the family to Seabreeze for 8 days over Christmas and New Year, and we had a great time! We had a seafront bungalow which gave us amazing views across to the mainland and there was plenty of room for all four of us. All meals were provided each day and the kitchen staff produced loads of lovely grub for us. Terry and Dee are really great hosts and they put on a fireworks show for NY Eve too!! They also arranged for one of their staff (thanks Fifi!) to look after our two 7 year olds whenever Joe and I were diving, so we managed to do a couple each day. The diving was brilliant too - really good visibility and an amazing array of marine life. To cap it off we saw a pod of dolphins swimming across the bows on one of the dives - brillliant! I think NicoRorback must've gone to a different place :-)

Rob and family

#2 of 15 in Bunaken Island
Siladen Resort & Spa
Siladen Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Siladen Island

Been to Bunaken Divers - Sea Breeze Dive Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK