“Value for money stay in Kollur”
Review of Beena Residency

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kollur
Beena Residency
Seoul, South Korea
“Value for money stay in Kollur”
Reviewed 21 January 2012

This has to my third visit to Beena Residency and it has remained unchanged throughout all this time. Right from the reception to the rooms, bathrooms and restaurant, everything is the same. It is not the place if you expect a star hotel but for a temple town like Kollur it is the best among all the other places of stay. The hot water in the rooms is from 0530-0930. The restaurant is open for breakfast from 0700-1030 and thereafter for lunch. The breakfast choice is limited to idli, dosa, poori & another south indian breakfast dish which varies daily. The lunch is limited to the south indian thali which is a mix of the cuisine from Kerala and Kartnataka. There are no snacks here. For that you'd have to go to Adigas around the corner. The dinner has to be pre-ordered and is limited to the lunch thali and chapatis accompanied by a choice of mix veg korma & tomato fry. Basic but good.
The hotel owners especially Premanand are very helpful and got us a bargain on a trip to Murudeshwar, which incidentally was his choice as we just could not figure out where to go to

Room Tip: Excellent location being centally located within walking distance of the Temple
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank JayanNair
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Chennai, India
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We were advised that the Beena Residency was the best in the temple town of Kollur. If you consider that tariff, it was highest. The air-conditioned room was acceptable and the bathroom was passable. The passage on our floor had 2 bunker beds and a lot of used linen. The air-conditioner started leaking in the night and the room boy could do nothing except spread some linen on the floor. Thank God we had to check out early morning. The restaurant does not serve dinner unless you order in advance and no cancellations are accepted. The checkout time is 10 a.m which could be inconvenient for many.
Still it is the best in town!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
11 Thank Shutterbug_Iyer
Mumbai
Reviewed 25 September 2011

This lodge is over rated. The rooms are dirty, dusty and the food is lousy! The only good thing about this lodge is that it is very near to the temple. No wonder the management doesn't care about keeping it clean. They are always full.

Room Tip: We got the windows and fans cleaned. Maybe you should do that too!
  • Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
8 Thank NicheMumbai
Trivandrum
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I booked this hotel after my research in net. I booked 3 rooms in this hotel for 2 days. I travelled with my family and parents, including my 6 month old son. Rooms are spacious and bathrooms are OK. Hot water supply was also good. The best part is that the hotel is one of the closest ones to the temple.
The pillow covers and blankets were heavily soiled and stained. My request to change the same was not addressed until the next noon and I had to remind them twice. Lucking we had carried our own bedspreads. The restaurant was neat.
All the 3 rooms we stayed on had bedbugs. I was worried about my son, so had to keep the lights on throughout the night and watch his bed occasionally. Raised this immediately to the person in charge and the response I got was this was the first time someone was reporting this (Should I care about that?). And gave us another room (1 room) for changing which was very shabby. That was terrible.
My train was delayed by 16 hours and my request to extend the room reservation was not honoured. They couldn't provide even a single room. Said it was Onam and all the rooms were booked. That was really a poor service. Finally we ended up shifting to a nearby hotel to a single room in pouring rain with my 6 month old. That was the most disgusting part. I would never choose this place again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank CityofGod
Vasai, India
Reviewed 25 March 2011

We had visited the Beena Residency hotel while visiting the Mookambika Temple in April 2010. The rooms were clean. The restaurant was messy and dirty. The location is great. Overall good.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank Aravind1002
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kollur
0.1 km away
23.0 km away
Sai Vishram Byndoor
Sai Vishram Byndoor
#1 of 1 in Paduvari

Been to Beena Residency? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK