“Nothing Special ”

Ranked #9 of 158 Restaurants in Ormskirk
Cuisines: European
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Established for nearly 10 years, the Left Bank Brasserie is ideally situated with ample parking in Ormskirk town centre. We have built a reputation for fantastic atmosphere and service which ensures our customers come back time and time again. We are renowned for our modern European cuisine with a combination of French and Italian influences.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Having sat down for a steak dinner on a Monday night. We almost had the place to ourselves. We ordered a beer and a bottle of wine. And started to view the menu. Everything listed was 2 course deals. As we only wanted one course albeit a couple of fillet steaks we couldn't find a price. Then the fun began . We asked the waiter who had not a clue. He returned from asking to suggest we pay more than the 2 course price for the steaks or pay for the two and don't eat the starter. Unbelievable we thought so we sat enjoying the drinks and laughing at the comedy show provided. Not managing to get a steak only dinner for less than 2 course price. We paid the £30 plus drinks bill and left. All in all not the best service . But explains why next door was packed.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We had a really great early evening meal at the Left Bank Brasserie, prior to a performance by the Company Chameleon dancers at Edge Hill University - just to give these guys a recommendation as well. Food and wine were really good and the service quick, polite and not intrusive (what's not to like about that these days). I wouldn't say I was amazed, just deeply satisfied to find a restaurant where you can eat food as well prepared and presented as this for a very reasonable price (£39.40 for two with a glass of wine each). We'll definitely go back when we're in the area again.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

This is definitely one of our favourite restaurants and have been here several times before and never disappointed.
Food was excellent so delicious we ordered the soup of the day minestrone, summer salad which was goats cheese, black pudding and bacon salad. Chicken linguine and chicken skewers.
Such a lovely meal and staff as always friendly and attentive
Can't fault anything the team always made so welcome. Thank you

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Left Bank Brasserie has a great reputation - but I was left somewhat underwhelmed by our lunch. It was ok but no better.
The atmosphere on a packed Saturday lunchtime was buzzing. And the menu is massive. The staff were mega friendly. Everything seems wonderful. Then the starters arrived.
I had the breadcrumbs brie. Cheap at £2.95, the size of two large chicken nuggets and I am guessing straight out the freezer.
The main courses were better. On our table of five, the highlight was the roasted cod. I had the meat cataplana, at £6.95. It had lots of pork, chorizo and peppers with slices of potato on top. But it was good rather than great. sadly it was just a bit too bland.
The Left Bank is good on price and quantity. But on the quality front, this place is several miles away from five stars.
Is this an Emperors New Clothes moment?

Meat Cataplana – £6.95 (M)
Mix Meat, Rump, Pork, Chorizo, Chicken, Peppers, Onions in a light Coriander Tomato Sauce atop Sliced Potato

908theone, Public Relations Manager at Left Bank Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Hi David,

Thank you for your review.

Firstly we would like to apologize for the last response you received. Recently we have come to realize how important our digital presence is and how we have been failing on that front. In response we have made improvements and investments to rectify this.

We are sorry to hear it did not quite live up to your expectations but we would love to hear any suggestions you may have to help us improve in the future?

I hope that your last visit wasn't to off putting and that you find the chance to visit us again and show you what Left Bank really has to offer :)

Kind Regards

Reviewed 13 March 2018

We were on our way to the LibDem conference in Southport and thought we'd have a light lunch in Ormskirk. Well, we had an excellent lunch, however it wasn't that light -
and that was just one course!!

I'm a huge fan of Portuguese food, so was delighted to see a meat cataplana on the menu that was for one (a lot of places only serve it for two, and being married to a vegetarian it's not something I can usually order...) To say it was delicious was an understatement. And I have a feeling that it would have fed two people quite easily! Or perhaps three!

My husband had the mushroom stroganoff which was equally tasty (naturally I had to try some!)

However, it wasn't just the food - the service was just as brilliant - when I asked a question about the menu, not only was it answered properly, I was also told everything was cooked from fresh, so if I had any dietary requirements, there would be no problem. His photography skills were also great as when we asked him to take a photo of us, he took a selfie at the same time! Great fun!

I just wish we had one of these restaurants here in Birmingham. It was fabulous and although Ormskirk isn't anywhere near us, if we ever were in the area we'd definitely eat here again without any hesitation.