“Lunch”

Cuisines: British, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely pub excellent good. Staff lovely and friendly, helpful, knowledgeable. Fabulous outside area.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

I’ve been pass this pub lots of times. I took my mum and auntie here. Lovely surroundings and good walks too.The pub is old and probably could do with a make up inside. They have a £6 lunch menu 7 mains burger, hunter chicken, lasagna, scampi, Cumberland sausage and mash , ham egg and chips and veggie option risotto. There is a main menu too. With lots of choice. Bar lady very pleasant and so was the lady that served our lunch. We opted for 2 £6 meals both burgers they lovely well presented and the chicken and Brie pie with fresh veggies which was £9.99 my auntie loved the pie. I will be back again and so will they. Also big garden at rear and parking.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

Used to go to this pub many moons ago (prior to the extension). Now visit regularly in Spring/Summer months for a late lunch/early dinner. Food is good (they do a half-price Mondays at certain times of the year - excellent value!). Taken friends and family here for food and drinks. Never been disappointed and lovely to walk the dog over and sit in the garden in the summer.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Have been to this pub in the past and usually it is a good experience. However went there today for a Sunday roast and was very disappointed.

Firstly a number of items on the menu were not available (triple roast and not Turkey) but was offered ‘chicken roast’ instead.. Not an issue until the very poor excuse for a chicken roast turned up. The chicken was hammered flat, had a very metallic taste, and was about the size of a rolled out golf ball.. I also ordered extra sausages, one of which was cut in half. I could not find the other half so I assume it was too embarrassed to associate its self with such a poor meal...
We ate as much as we could bear and I went to the bar to get my child’s desert and informed the staff of the issues. The staff member appeared to take on board my complaint and said ‘I will tell the manager..’ which she appeared to do. I went and sat down expecting the manager to come and speak with us, but this did bot happen. I was not looking for any money off, even though my partner and child could not eat any of the chicken due to the very poor quality, I just wanted them to show some sort of understanding.. After waiting for around 15 more minutes we decided to just leave.
It is a shame as this is a local pub for us and we have been there a number of times in the past, but will not be making any plans to go there again in the near future. We might try again some time, in the hope that they will return to the quality we had experienced in the past. We were not asked if all was ok during our visit at any point, and am guessing that the reason was that the poor quality was already evident.

The reason I have selected 2 stars of this occasion it only due to the location and building. It is a nice semi rural location and the pub its self is a nice building. Service is very important and I feel they dropped the ball on this occasion.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

Booked a table for 8 for a Christmas family meal. Although I booked the table two months in advance our party of 8 were squeezed onto two circular tables for 4 in front of the fire- exit, very cramped and awkward for anyone with a weak bladder. The food was good and plentiful although we all agreed the vegetables were undercooked. The staff were efficient and friendly but they were let down by a greedy management, who had obviously overbooked the venue.