“Excellent dinners”

Ranked #3 of 20 Restaurants in Herisau
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 August 2017

While we stayed in Herisau on our vacation this summer visiting family, we went twice in a week to the Rueti Restaurant. Excellent food and service and the view is breathtaking. Far the best Restaurant in the area/region. Truly enjoyed the delicious Fresh Chanterelle Mushrooms with homemade noodles, divine !

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

The Rüti in Herisau serves excellent meals in a welcoming atmosphere. I plan to go back to enjoy the menu that my friend had and to drink a good glass of wine from their well selected list of wines - all with a wonderful panorama view of the hills of Appenzell and St. Gallen.

We visited the Rüti after having walked in the beautiful hills of Appenzell on a Sunday. We were a family plus friends with two children aged 8 and 10 years, and we all came in our hiking outfits. Nevertheless we were welcomed heartily and placed at a round table with a great view. The service was very attentive, especially for the children. They had chosen meals from the children's menu, but one girl felt like eggs. "Do you want an egg salad, perhaps with corn?" the servant asked. "Oh yes!" "Can I have just noodles", one of the girls asks. "Of course!"

I only ordered a tomato salad with buffalo mozarello (I was not hungry) and "only" water (as I still had to drive that night). A friendly smile. Later only one dessert for two? Again a friendly smile. My friends loved their delicious the menu and the lamb with vegetables.

I have never come across a posh dining restaurant with so much understanding for children. And with so much understanding for hikers that look for a meal on a Sunday evening and do not all have the same needs. I am sure I will visit the Rüti again, with more hunger, with the plan to stay in a hotel nearby (and then drink some of the great wine) and to do more sightseeing or hiking in the area.

About "say more about it": The restaurant offers FINE dining at mid-range prices. This is why I selected "mid-range". I would have preferred to check "fine dining"... but the "fine dining" at Rüti's is not equivalent with expensive dining!

Reviewed 3 February 2017

Chef’s recommendation; Tuna on Avocado then Cordon Blue and as desert; Irish Coffee. Add the view = a perfect evening

Reviewed 3 November 2016 via mobile

We been there now for 2nd time. The restaurant is very nice decorated. The view really great. Great winelist and winecooler to choose ur bottle. The menue small and seems to get all fresh from market but this i can not really believe. The food average, winelist great and view amazing.

Reviewed 1 March 2016

Had lunch with a business associate - perfect local dish with a beautiful view.
The menue shows an impressive variety and invites to come back an try the excellent cuisine