See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

Check in was effortless and the room that was given to me was spacious with most of the required appliances. Room was quiet and cool, in fact the hotel locates in middle of no where and is very quiet. I didn't try any of the other facilities than breakfast that was ok, not special.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
MercureCoudray, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Sud Parc du Coudray, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2016

Dear Juha,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Hôtel Mercure Paris Sud Parc du Coudray.

Jean Charles BOSC

Reviewed 25 May 2016

Travelled with a coach tour company to visit Giverny, Fontainbleau and Vaux-le-Vicomte. Stayed at the Mercure Paris Sud Parc du Coudray for 4 nights, it is obviously an hotel that relies on coach parties and business groups to keep it going. At first sight the hotel looks impressive with its gated entry and lovely grounds to stroll in. It certainly has a 4 star façade but then it goes downhill. The public areas are clean and modern with a small lounge and bar in the reception area with prices so high it took the pleasure out of having a drink. The bedrooms are well used and grubby in parts with thick dust around the skirting boards, especially in the bathroom, however, the beds are comfortable, the bathroom facilities function and we did get a good night's sleep.

Breakfast was good with cereal, fruit, breads etc., scrambled egg, small sausages and bacon every morning. Coffee, tea and fruit juices were also available. It was help yourself to as much as you liked. We went early so everything was available. Some who arrived for breakfast later had to ask and wait for things to be replenished. Evening meals were different, as a party we ate at a set time and were seated in 2 groups of 12 and 1 of 8 people around very large tables (you couldn't even reach the condiments that were placed in the middle of the table). This does sound trivial but it is a bit old fashioned these days to sit us like children in a school canteen just because we are in a coach party. None of us had met before we got on our coach at the start of our holiday, there was nowhere else to sit if you didn't hit it off with your neighbour! Fortunately we all got on well as a group and made the best of things. Each day we were given the same choices of starter, main course and dessert. On the fourth day you run out of options. Starters were a cold creamy pasta dish, tomato gazpacho (served in a tumbler), butternut squash soup (also served in a tumbler) and goat's cheese in a puff pastry parcel served with some salad leaves. Mains were beef bourguignon (little bits of well done gristly beef in a red wine sauce with uncooked potatoes), a chicken leg and wing served in a chasseur sauce on a bed of wild rice, a piece of coley served with ratatouille and a very creamy sauce. The fish was over cooked and really inedible. No sign of a healthy salad or vegetables. Dessert was fresh fruit salad in a tumbler, a version of apple crumble and a chocolate fondant with a little bit of cream. A small coffee was served to us at the table but only after our courier/driver reminded the management that this was what had been agreed. It may be that our coach company had arranged a certain menu for our party but what we were given was of a very poor standard and was certainly the worst food we have ever been served, even in hotels of a lower rating than the Paris Sud Parc du Coudray. As the hotel was in a remote area there was nowhere to go to get something to eat, we all had to buy provisions when we were near a town on our travels.

In the dining room and the bar you hardly saw any staff, it was as if they brought a waiter and waitress in just to serve our meals in the evening, at breakfast staff were never in sight in the dining area, they seemed to hide in the kitchen. In fact the staff in general were not that friendly or helpful.

All in all this hotel has a 4 star look on the outside, 3 star rooms on the inside and 2 star service from its staff. Food gets nil points!!

Date of stay: May 2016
Reviewed 27 April 2016

We stayed one night and I was pleased it was just one night. It was a very clean, spacious room with huge comfortable bed and good bedding. However, while I'm sure they have other rooms that are advertised and the décor looks lovely, ours was bright yellow with a mustard coloured bathroom (tiles, walls and paintwork) although the bathroom ware was white. The floor was a sort of seagrass in the bathroom and I'm unsure how they would clean this. Breakfast was ok with a reasonable choice of food and good surroundings. Some staff were friendly but others looked like they didn't want to be there. I got a glass of wine at the bar and the waiter ignored me then insisted on pouring a different wine to what I'd asked for. He got other aspects of the order wrong and was very indifferent. The other bar person was fine though. It looks impressive from the outside and foyer but the doors to a lot of rooms were dirty and paint badly needed touching up where scuffed from cases etc. A mixed experience. Perhaps a review to bring more consistency is needed or perhaps they're undergoing refurbishment and haven't got round to all the rooms yet. Some attention to detail would help as the rooms are clean and spacious with big TVs and tea/coffee making facilities which is good.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2015

This hotel is in the middle of nowhere so you cannot leave the hotel and walk to the local village/town. As you would expect from the above it is very quiet.
It struck me very much like a budget hotel say Premier Inn with the necessary additions to make it a 4star. The room décor was very drab and dreary and there was grouting missing from the tile in the bathroom and it was generally tired.

We stayed as part of a Riviera tour and given the lack of local facilities had to eat in.
This hotel has the honour of providing me with the worst meal I have ever had in hundreds of meals in France.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MercureCoudray, Responsable réception at Mercure Paris Sud Parc du Coudray, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2015

Dear customer,
I'm sorry to read that you don't enjoyed your stay. I take good note of your comment and have transmitted it to the department concerned. Your comments are important for us to improve the Quality of our property. I hope to welcome you again to discover the privilege room.
Kings Regards

Ludovic FABRE
Room Division Manager

Reviewed 17 September 2015

My friends and I were on a Rivera holiday and stayed on Monday 14th this week for one night . On arrival we thought it was very nice in its own grounds so expectations were high . The lobby,bar and dining areas are modern and spacious. The lift only takes 4 people plus luggage so is tight. All the rooms have horrible mustard colour walls the bathroom is the worst and all need modernisation and refurbishment . Dinner was nothing special and breakfast was ok with a good choice but all hot drinks were in thermos jugs as the machines were empty. Very disappointing .
L

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear guest,
I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Could you send us an email at H0977-rd@accor.com, so we can understand the problems during your stay and that the corrections are made.
Your feedback is important for us as it helps us to improve our services.
Regards