Tokyu Stay Gotanda(Shinagawa)
Book now, pay at stay
US$ 168
US$ 138
  • Restaurant
Guest House Shinagawa-shuku(Shinagawa)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$ 104
US$ 80
Ryokan
FLEXSTAY INN Shinagawa(Shinagawa)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$ 64
US$ 53
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 71/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
US$ 308
US$ 251
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
All reviewsosaki stationakasaka mitsukewestern mealsairport waitingconvenience storeshopping centrejr yamanote lineburger kingcovered walkwaytwin roomconvenient locationground floorcomfortable hotelgreat optionbusiness staytokyo metrotokyo standards
Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

Typical business hotel with good access to JR station, convenience store, Burger King downstairs. Only one station away from Shinagawa. Room is typical Japanese styled and comes with sumptuous buffet breakfast. Restaurants and bars are in the vicinity. Good for business stay.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

Well, the location itself is quite nice. You can get to Shinjuku, Ginza in 15-20 min by train and the Inn is located just 2 min from North gate, East exit at Oosaki Station which is only about half an hour from Haneda Airport.
It was my first stay at so-called bz inn and I stayed at New Otani Inn Tokyo for a week. 2nights/ to Hokkaido and back to Tokyo / 5 nights. And the service at this place is unpredictable. When I checked in for the first 2 nights, the room was horrible but the staff was very kind and spoke decent English. But when I came back for 5-night stay, unlike other hotels in Japan, the staff was aloof and unfriendly, and it's hard to communicate in easy English whenever I needed to. When I checked in for my second stay, the female staff asked me, "Japanese Ok? 日本語大丈夫?"
Was that the standard of New Otani to speak to its guest?! But I was too pressed for time to complain cause I got a dinner meeting that I was already late due to flight delay from Sapporo, so decided to deal with it later.
And when I came back to the room, I realized that the room looked very different from the photos, so I complained that the room I got was totally different from the room on the website, what the front desk staff said was " Sorry, smoking room, we mistake."

The nice photos of the rooms are smokers- only. so if you check out its website and book a room as I did, you might regret it.
Non-smoking rooms are out-dated and cramped. All the nice-looking rooms are smoking rooms. What's worse is that they don't say it's a smoking room clearly until you get a magnifying glass to look at a tiny sign on the photos. But even if you stay on the non-smoking floor, as I did, on the 11th ( for a week, and of course I went down to the front desk to ask to switch it to another room but all HE said was "this is you, the room." and he couldn't speak basic English.) You'll smell cigarettes, Disgusting! If it was not a Holiday season, I would have just gotten out of this joint.
Oh, and you can hear your next door lady's coughing from time to time.
And not only the staff can speak good English but also they are not aware of the service the hotel provides.
I asked them to get me an "Oyasumi set" which comes with the room ( according to New Otani Club ) but it took me almost 5 min on the phone to explain the front desk to check what it was and took another 10 min to get the pillow and a foot massager.

And the room I checked in, it was just quite dusty, the chair cover was so filthy-looking that I didn't dare to sit on it, (took some photos of it, just in case) and the humidifier started beeping which woke me up at 2 in the morning to fill the water but only to find that the water tank was too filthy to touch. The desk was so dusty and and I could see dust on the wall and by the night lamp,,, basically. everywhere! The water glasses were stained, took all them out, and so I had to leave notes on every details every time, cause I was too tired from everything and I got sick of the staff's poor communication skills.
But as I mentioned earlier, it is situated in a nice location. You walk out of the Inn and walk for about 5 minutes to your left, you'll get to Starbucks, and nice restaurants. And right next to the Inn, you can find a drug store and ¥100shop, Daiso.

From my experience , I can say that this Inn is better for Japanese-speakers / smokers.
And for a lucky traveler !

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Kelly Jubin L
Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

Good Location, Good Hotel and Good food.
The room is not too small but it was modern, clean and comfortable . They are fully equipped with toiletries which was rare in my experience touring Japan.
It is very convenient as there is an accessible walk way at the 5th floor going to restaurant , garden, store and even the JR Station.
Breakfast was delicious. Thumbs up!!!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Absolutely_Leez
Reviewed 23 December 2016

this hotel has a good location.. accessible to JR station,restaurant, convenience stores... the room not so big on the 5th floor , but on the 12th floor has. they have free wifi, their breakfast is good. fast service as well..their reservation staffs very courteous.

Room Tip: choose 12th floor for a big room where you can move conveniently
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 December 2016

2nd time to stay in this hotel, and this time it was so much better because of the refurbished room.

As a business traveller, I like that the room comes with amenities that are available without me asking. For example, the iron and iron stand, the hairdryer which is super critical and i typically rate a 4-5 star hotel low if they still have those tiny hairdryer that is attached to the bathroom wall. I also like they have a separate dressing room on the way to the bathroom.

breakfast came with my booking, the selection is so-so and doesnt seem to have too much variation, but the scenery out the window esp. during autumn/winter season is superb. there is a walkway down to the garden, so do go down for a 5 min walk. its beautiful.

subway is within 5 minutes walk. behind and across the subway station are selection of restaurants, mall and bic camera if you're into electronics.

all the staff are friendly. no need to tip them as it is not a culture to tip.

for business, i wouldnt mind coming back next time.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business