*scratches head* it pains me to say that it actually looks better on the internet than in real life.
1. tatami room + bedding is comfortable. great sleep! *thumbs up*
2. jacuzzi is big with nice shower facilities. nice feature, and think of it as your own semi-private sento, if you will.
3. you can rent portable wifi for use in your room and when you go out. i'm the sort of person where wi-fi is important to me, so being able to rent a device for use on the streets where i can consult google-sensei without fear of my own phone bill rocketing is comforting to me. wi-fi is available in the living room (common area) and lan-cable connection in the room (but who uses lan-cable nowadays?)
4. staff are really cool and friendly
5. there's a cool dumbwaiter (bagwaiter?) to carry your bags up to your floor. (and no, you're not allowed to stuff yourself inside)
6. counters on each floor for you to make your own tea, boil your water etc
7. common area is nice, tho small.
8. nice neighbourhood
1. big minus - while the jacuzzi is big, the common shower (if you don't use the jacuzzi facilties) is pathetically small and a real let down. -__-
2. toilet areas are small too. no japan toto toilet experience to be had here too! (at least not up to standard)
3. for people who don't like stairs, you probably won't enjoy the narrow staircase up. i was ok with this, but i can understand and sympathetise with some who aren't as agile and good with eyesight.
4. dark corridors and spaces. i like designed spaces as much as the next person, but i appreciate sunlight and space better. architecture-wise and space-planning-wise, it looks better from the pictures.
all in all, i think i'll try a different place next time.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ctrip TA so you can book your Andon Ryokan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Andon Ryokan Hotel Taito
- Andon Ryokan Tokyo, Japan