After staying at this hotel with my parents earlier this year, I chose to stay there again while back in Tokyo.
I arrived late in the evening (near 10.30pm) and left by 7am, and wish I had longer to enjoy the room!
Due to late booking, only a smoking room was available. The room had that smokey smell, but was able to open the window to circulate fresher air. Also the room had a humidifier/ air purifier. This was awesome, and will be great for winter visitors (Japan winter air is very dry).
Everything was in good working order and clean. The staff member at check-in (and same man again at check-out!) was friendly and spoke confident, clear english.
In my previous review for the hotel I mentioned that there was clearly audible noise from the nearby train station (platform announcements etc). This time I was in a room on the 3rd floor, and the surrounding buildings absorbed all train sounds, so quieter in that respect.
The lower floors do lack the great views that I had enjoyed from the 10th floor on my previous stay.
First time I stayed earlier this year the hotel took a little to find from the station (thank goodness for google maps!); but infact is less than a two minute walk. In easy walking distance of Akihabara too.
I will no doubt stay at MyStays Asakusa-bashi on future trips to Tokyo! (In fact, I'm looking forward to staying at MyStays Maihama in a couple of weeks!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is ideally located the heart of the city, with easy access to Asakusa, Akihabara, and Ueno. Enjoy the traditional culture of Japan and rub shoulders with people from around the world. Access ・Close to the West exit of Asakusabashi Station on the JR Sobu Line. ・4 minutes' walk from exit A2 of Asakusabashi Station on the Toei Asakusa Line. ・5 minutes' walk from exit C3 of Bakurocho Station on the JR Sobu Main Line. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, HostelWorld, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Mystays Asakusa-bashi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mystays Inn Asakusa-Bashi Hotel Taito
- Hotel Mystays Asakusa-Bashi Tokyo, Japan