All reviews hotel reception check in process ginza line top floor metro station walking distance sensoji temple by western standards beds were comfortable the air conditioning asakusa area rooms are small nice hotel would definitely stay here again other hotels your luggage narita airport
Reviewed 20 December 2017

Welcomed by a very friendly staff and check in process was very smooth. They provided 2 cards for 2 of us as access card is needed to enter the Onsen.
My husband and I booked a double bed room. The room is smaller than we expected, took us some time to adjust here and there and finally can hardly open our 2 luggages at the same time.
There is public onsen on the top floor, small one but good enough for bath and relax after a tiring day.
The only one that need improvement is we had the same breakfast for 3 continuous days. It would be better if we were given choice for either Japanese or Western style breakfast.
Check out process was very easy and smooth, just have to drop the key in the box.
Overall we enjoyed our stay very much. Thank you to all the staffs in APA Hotel. =)

Stayed: December 2017
2  Thank yigniq
AH浅草田原町駅前, お客様担当マネージャー at APA Hotel Asakusa Tawaramachi Ekimae, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Thank you for staying with us here at APA Hotel Asakusa Tawaramachi Ekimae and your review.
There is nothing more like a warm and positive comment motivate our team.
We look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully soon.

Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

The hotel in general is nice and well located, but I had the surprise once there that I cannot go to the Spa because I have a tattoo.... It is not written anywhere in the conditions of the hotel when doing the booking and it is one of the reason why I booked this hotel. So if you have tattoo and want to enjoy the spa forget about this hotel and check before booking. Otherwise just take an hotel without spa and you will avoid to spend more money than expected.
Quite disappointed...

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo

We apologize for the unpleasant experience for your stay.
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you. Your valuable comment will be shared by our team.
We certainly hope you will choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Japan.

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed here as a family of 4 in two rooms. It was an excellent stay, good price via booking.com, everything clean and we
enjoyed the onsen upstairs. The other two hotels in Japan which we stayed in afterwards during our holiday were not up to the same standard. Really liked Asakusa as a quieter area in which to get our bearings and get used to being in Tokyo! Hard to fault this hotel, I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank AucklandDonut

We are delighted to hear you were able to feel comfortable and relaxed in our guestrooms and public bath.
We look forward to the opportunity to provide you with another stay.

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel at a nice price. The only down think was that the room was extra small and that the free breakfast was very limitted with only 3 options. Other than that the room was always clean and the staff healpfull. The hotel is also located just across the metro station.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheoDallas

There is nothing more like a warm and positive comment motivate our team.
I am pleased to compliment.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

The weather got a bit cooler, the air condition have changed to a hot mode on the third day of my stay. I felt very hot and tried to turn off the air conditioner, however the window was locked and couldn't be open. Then I called the front desk for help. Staffs over there were not good at English,they did not really understood what I said. Finally, a gentleman came up to my room and we communicated with body language. He called somewhere for changing my air conditioner to cool mode, and got done after 15 mins. I requested to keep it in cool mode during the rest of my stay. Unluckily, I have to call for the change every night and waited for 15-20mins when I got back to my room. This was not the worst, At the last night, I found my room door was opened when I got back around 6:40pm. I was so shocked as all my baggages and purchased stuffs were placed insides, I called the front desk immediately for the explanation. They apologised for the careless and did nothing. Fortunately, all my belongings were safe and no need to called the police.
I were so disappointed with this APA Hotel and have no confidence in its group of hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Elaine C

We apologize for the unpleasant experience for your stay.
Unfortunately, under the hotel’s rule, we are in central control, when the temperature outside is cold we have to maintain the heater.
We have free rental of electric fan, if there is availability we can give to you, but we guess that we did not give you options such as rental or changing the room.
We apologize for the lack of the service. We will try to improve the level of service to satisfy our customers.
We will share your valuable comment with our team.
We hope to serve you again, in the near future.

Best Regard