“Great Tour of Toyko”

Discover Japan Tours - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover Japan Tours is a boutique travel company specializes not only in package tours, but also small group, private and personalized tours. Our comfortable 10 passenger van enables you to travel to the destinations of your choice, where you can discover the beauty of nature, landscapes, towns and history of Japan. You can also include other means of transportation to travel to a variety of places in Japan including bullet train and airplane. Your knowledgeable, private guide will escort you to discover the beauty of Japan!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Yosuke gave us a great tour of the city. We were able to see all the highlights, and he explained so much about the different parts of the city. He met us promptly and was very accommodating to what we wanted to see and do. He made it very easy for us.

1  Thank Donna M
YosukeY., Owner at Discover Japan Tours - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Donna,

Thank you for posting a review from your recent trip to Japan and tour with me!
It was easy to meet up at the port and drive on a highway to go straight to Tokyo with the least traffic as it was on a weekend we had a tour.
Since the amount of time we could spend together was just limited, I tried to explain everything at sight so that you won't miss any moment that you spent with me.
Of course if you didn't want to hear my explanations, i wouldn't have much done it but your willingness to listen to my explanation just kept me going. LOL

I hope you had a wonderful time in Tokyo on the following day on your own and you're back in your country with lots of fond memoies not only from your cruise but also one day experience in Tokyo!
Thank you very much for using my service and hope to see you again in the future!

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"comfortable van"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

We were a party of five (2 couples in our 50's, and my 75yo Mum) who cannot say enough how wonderful Yosuke is as a guide!

Day 1: Hakone

Yosuke picked us up at different accommodations. Us from an air bnb and our friends from a hotel. Yosuke was exactly on time and we were excited to be seeing the sights on our way to Lake Ashi.

Yosuke took us away from the tourist crowds, and into a small village to see traditional parquetry still being made today. We visited a very old Japanese Tea House and it felt amazing to sit where many Japanese travellers had sat for hundreds of years before us, and with no tourists to be seen but us!

When we got to magnificent Lake Ashi, Yosuke made sure we left the long lines of tourists and got onto a pirate ship at a different port. We couldn't believe our luck!

Yosuke met us at the bottom of the Hakone Ropeway (cable car) and we had lunch at the top.

The drive there and back was comfortable and we saw so much wonderful scenery.

Day 2: Kamakura

We went to a few different Temples, both Buddhist and Shinto. And the experience was overwhelming!

We truly immersed ourselves into the spirit of each temple and had different experiences in each one.

Yosuke explained each temple beautifully, and each one was an amazing experience.

Our lunch was at a Chinese restaurant that I chose carefully as we all have very different tastes. I was disappointed that we did not have a Japanese meal, as we had the day before, but this was because my friends, husband, and Mum wanted something different that day.

Yosuke showed us a two wonderful jam packed days of Japanese sights and culture, and we will organise another tour with him in a heart beat!

We felt that our experience was truly amazing because of the skill of Yosuke. He taught us about the wonderful Japanese culture, and allowed us to truly experience it for ourselves.

Choose Discover Japan Tours and you will not be disappointed!

Thank you Yosuke for a magical experience!

2  Thank traceyh64
YosukeY., Owner at Discover Japan Tours - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Dear traceyh64

Thank you for the wonderful review you posted from the two trips we did together, the one to Hakone and the orhter one to Kamakura.
Both places are just a day trip distance from Yokohama, perfect areas for an outing outside of Tokyo/Yokohama area.
I can tell you picked up good areas!

Yes, we were blessed with the weather on both days which also helped us enjoy the tours more.

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed a visit to the small village called Hatajuku, where the traditional parquetry is still made.
I try to avoid the places where the most travel companies take their customers to.
But Hatajuku is one of the places in Hakone almost no tourists visit but some locals.
I hope that you also liked the ancient highway, where travellers used to walk to travel between Tokyo and Kyoto between the 17th and 19th Centuries!

Kamakura was also a good choice you made for sure as it's only about 45min. away from the port!
Kamkura is just rich in history and there are many shrines and temples that have a history of hundreds of years.
The temples and shrines that I took you to are one of the must-see temples/shrines you can hardly miss, even though you might see some tourists.
But I'm also glad to hear that you enjoyed all the places I took you to in Kamakura.

It was very exciting for me to show you around the country as well.
Thank you for trying to learn/respect our culture, listening to what I explained to you eagerly, asking many questions about Japan and the life of local people...
I just enjoyed all the conversation we made during those two days!

If you have a chance to come back here again, let's go on a road trip so that you'll find more beautiful part of Japan, which I'm really looking forward to sharing with you
Thank you.

Reviewed 24 January 2018

Yosuke was an attentive guide who met us as soon as we stepped into the Arrivals area at the airport. After a long flight from Sydney it was greatly appreciated to have someone meeting us and chauffeuring us to our hotel. Before arriving in Japan, Yosuke displayed excellent communication skills answering all of my emails promptly and suggesting a Tokyo itinerary suitable for my family, including our 2 teenagers, Yosuke also researched the weather prior to arrival wisely suggesting we swap our days around for Planned city tour and Mt Fuji. This was an excellent suggestion we gladly agreed to and accordingly we had a picture perfect clear day to see and photograph Mt Fuji. Yosuke was patient as we browsed the many shops we past during our tour. It was great to have a local guide we could quiz on Japan procedures and customs and it provided an opportunity to gain confidence for our independent travel of Japan following our 2 day tour with Yosuke, Yosuke met us once again at the end of our holiday to take us back to the airport, Highly recommend Discover Japan tours!

2  Thank Mandy M
YosukeY., Owner at Discover Japan Tours - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Dear Mandy M,

Thank you for posting a nice review from your recent big family trip to Japan!

I also need to say thank you for sending me a nice pic of your family before your arrival to Japan, which helped me find whom I'm supposed to look for at the exit of the arrival terminal at Narita.
I still remember that was your husband who came out first.

I personally enjoy guiding happy people and my mission is to make people happy.
If the day when we go to Mt. Fuji is rainy, I'm sure that people won't get happy, which is the least thing I want to do.
But I'm releaved to know that the day turned out to be a good day to view Mt. Fuji from Mt. Fuji Five Lakes District.
You know that Mt. Fuji is NOT always guaranteed to be watched even when it's sunny in Tokyo.
So we'll never know until we get there as a matter of fact.
That's why I was so glad that the good weather was with us on that day!

But I was impressed with your ability to navigate on your own after spending just for a couple of days with me.
And we didn't have a Tokyo city tour using public transport but just a private vehicle.
It was NOT me who helped you learn how to get around on your own, but it was your natural instinct that helped you orient yourself and became totally independent to enjoy your long family trip throughout Japan!

Thank you very much once again for finding my service and booking tours/transfers!
You made a nice family and I enjoyed accommpanying your great family!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Thank you Yosuke, for another enjoyable Tokyo day trip!

This past December 2017, was our second trip to Japan, but first trip for most of my children/family. Once again, Yosuke promptly responded to my email and helped to coordinate a more leisure tour where we could stop to enjoy the sights, sounds and tastes a little more.

Yosuke met my family of 8 at our Hotel. His van comfortably seats 8 + himself. Our first stop was to the Tsukiji Fish Market where we toured the inner & outer markets. My family wanted to eat fresh fish, so we stopped to have a delicious sushi/sashimi lunch (at the rooftop eating area). Along the way, we also enjoyed eating sweet, juicy strawberries (some as large as the palm of your hand), sampled a tasty Tamagoyaki (egg on a stick) and found a mochi vendor who sold fresh mochi filled with the most amazing fillings.

Next stop was the Asakusa area where we visited the Sensoji Temple. On the way back, we strolled through the Nakamise dori and enjoyed shopping at the various shops and ate freshly baked Taiyaki (fish shaped cake filled with sweet red bean paste), & Senbei (rice crackers dipped in soy sauce), hot off the grill . . . both were mouthwatering delights! Yosuke found us a great restaurant nearby for lunch that could accommodate our group of 9. We enjoyed learning more about Yosuke and his family over a nice lunch.

We then drove through Akihabara, Nihonbashi, Ginza and past the Imperial Palace, as these were places we would visit on our own. We arrived in Shibuya to visit the famous Hachiko statue and see the Shibuya Crossing in action.

Our last stop was to the Tokyo Tower to see the beautiful Christmas illuminations.

Throughout the day, Yosuke was such a joy to tour with. He patiently waited for us and allowed my family the time to stroll and enjoy the sights as needed. He even ran back to his van on a few occasions to feed the parking meter. Although there was a lot of traffic on that day (possibly due to many Japanese trying to Christmas shop?), he was patient, courteous and gave alternate suggestions that worked out great.

This was our 2nd tour with Yosuke and we will be sure to book his services again on our 3rd trip to Japan. And, we will continue to recommend Discover Japan Tours & Yosuke to all our Hawaii family and friends!

Dear 808dsuye,

Thank you very much for posting a great review about the tour you had with your family this past Dec.!
It was really lovely to meet you and your husband again for the first time in about 8 months or so, but had a chance to see your wonderful kids this time so it was really nice!!

And it was also nice that you described all the details we had during the tour which helps me remember exactly what happened on that day.
As you mentioned in your review, that was the busiest traffic we had in Tokyo last year on that day, so I needed to come up with the best way for you to spend a day with me.
But I'm glad that it seems that it went good on that day, however, I wanted to show you and your kids a bit more places...
Christmas is quite a big thing among Japanese people, however, the majority of people are not Christians, and that was absolutely something that made the day the heaviest traffic day in Tokyo.

Touring aruond the city with you, your group and your family always gives me a great pleasure as well!
Just like last time, I enjoyed showing you around the city, telling you about myself and my family and sharing all the good moment together!

I stay more on this business in the future and if you have a chance to come back to Japan again, please let me know.
Maybe next time, we can make a short road trip outside of Tokyo and explore more on the countryside to help you know what Japan can offer!

Thank you once again for the review you posted and travelling with me.
I look forward to meeting your lovely group/family again in the near future!

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 January 2018

In October, our cruise ship did an overnight stay in Yokohama. From the minute Yosuke picked us up at the port we knew our two-day tour would be great. He was personable, spoke fluent English, an excellent communicator before and during tour, safely drove a comfortable van, carefully watched traffic conditions to maximize tour time, and was extremely knowledgeable. Our two-day tour covered many “must see” sites as well as other fascinating locations. Our tour days were outstanding and left us with many unforgettable memories. Thanks, Yosuke.

YosukeY., Owner at Discover Japan Tours - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Dear SuciTraveller,

Thank you very much for your review and welcome home for the first time in many days!
We only focused on Tokyo on those two days as Tokyo has so many different things to offer and I just wanted to show as many thngs as possibly during our limited times we could've spent together.

I know that the cruisers cannot miss the ship and driving you back to the ship safely is the number one priority for my together with keeping the quality of the service high.
If you missed your ship, I know that I need to send you to the next port. LOL

Anyway, I'm so glad to hear from you and also glad to know that you enjoyed the time we spent together.
Japan is a small country but features a lot of different things so I'm more than happy to share our culture, traditions, cutomes, etc with you!

I'd like to say thank you once again for choosing me as your tour guide out of a bunch of tour operators/guides and allowing me two days to show you my home town!
I hope you enjoy your voyage in 2018!