All reviews washer dryer shinjuku sanchome station family mart great location trouser press minute walk would definitely stay here again isetan department store single room bars and restaurants room cleaning tea bags western options solo traveller microwave oven subway entrance hotel is located
Reviewed 12 January 2019

My (grown) daughter and I stayed at this hotel and though it was a good value. It's very clean, the staff are friendly and helpful, and the location is excellent. Yes, the rooms are small, but we expected that and had no problems. It's extremely quiet at night -- we slept great, and the beds are very comfortable. We would stay there again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 January 2019 via mobile

About 7-10 minutes walk from the JR Shinjuku Station, so if you have more than one rolling suitcase it may feel far. We walked to Harajuku/ Takeshita street, about 30 minutes of nice stroll to get there. Plenty of restaurants and shopping options nearby. Polite and helpful staff, clean room, and reasonable price given the amazing location.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2019 via mobile

Although the hotel’s location was impressive, just a kilometre away from Shinjuku Station, and with a number of classy bars and affordable eateries in the area, I was very disappointed with my room bookings in this hotel.

As a first time visitor in this country, it was my first time to book rooms in a hotel in any travel app in Japan.Unfortunately, I wasn’t warned that you need to have sharp, discerning booking eyes to examine the details of my booked rooms in Japan.

I booked two rooms for me and my husband, and another room for my adult son. We booked 2 casual Single Rooms, and when I arrived in the property, we were told that since we booked 2 Casual Single Rooms, my husband and I had to separate and sleep in two separate casual single rooms! I had to shell out an extra ¥11,000 yen for another single room for my adult son.

I felt shortchanged about all this, and researched some more on the type of rooms offered by the property-

Here are some of the room types to choose from in Tokyu Shinjuku
A. Casual Single Room - good for 1 adult person and 1 child (0-5 yrs).
B. Comfort Single Room - good for 1 adult person and 1 child (0-5 yrs). Main difference from this room is it has a bathtub.
C. Small Double Bed - good for 2 adults and 2 children (0-5 yrs). This room has a bathtub option too.

I’ve learned my lesson from this point on. Always email the hotel in advance about your booking and clarify the total number of persons allowed in one room.

If you still have the chance to cancel bookings, do it and look for rooms in hotels with clearer descriptions of rooms and people allowed per room.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank sevenofnine
Reviewed 7 January 2019

Stayed here for 4 nights as my base for Tokyo. Hotel is in a very convenient location with many hotels, bars and convenience stores at your doorstep. The room is very small (as per normal for Japan), there was no room to leave my suitcase open which was a little annoying. Bed was comfortable and no street noise. Only downside was that the air conditioner was right above the bed and automatically turned on/off all night. It would have been too hot to have switched off, so I didn't have great nights sleep. They are strict in their check in time. I arrived a little before check in time and wasn't able to access my room.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank KateB350
Reviewed 31 December 2018

I spent my last 2 days in Tokyo at this hotel and I would definitely stay here again! I stayed in 3 different hotels for my first trip to Japan and this was by far the best. This hotel has way more space than my previous hotels. The room had a safe as well. Also, the hotel staff was very nice. The location is excellent. About 1 min from a subway station. Very close to shopping at restaurants. Breakfast was ok, there are so many food options around though.

Date of stay: December 2018