“CLEAN & WELL APPOINTED”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Los Angeles, California
“CLEAN & WELL APPOINTED”
Reviewed 3 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
people found this review helpful

After much research & reading the reviews, I was not only attracted by the photos but by the attentive & professional response Alan gave to his previous renters' comments. Other owners were flat out rude in their responses to comments they didn't agree with which turned me off.
My husband and 2 children just returned to the States from a 10 day stay in Japan visiting my late mother's side of the family. We rented Alan's apt. for 4 days...WONDERFUL! The place is CLEAN, well stocked w/basic necessities that I did not expect but grateful for and it was spacious enough where we didn't step on each other's toes. This place can sleep 6 very comfortably. Free Wi-Fi & the ability to do your laundry was a savior! I cooked breakfast every morning which was a cinch since the kitchen is fully stocked w/utensils, pans, dishware. I used the grill to toast the bread & shopping for food was easy as there's 7-11s & Lawson on the same street. (I found the staff at 7-11 much friendlier). It makes for those late night munchies easy when you can pop in a 'bento' from 7-11 in the microwave when you return to the apt. (Japanese 7-11s carry pretty good quality food than we have in the States!) Across the street is a 3 story drugstore that I found useful & their staff was very accommodating. There's plenty of eateries/restaurants too so if cooking is not an option, no need to fret. The walk to Oji station is under 10 minutes, but if you're not accustomed to walking (expect to do ALOT of when in Japan), then it may take a bit longer, but the convenience to the station makes traveling around Tokyo so convenient. It's a 10 min train ride to Ueno Station. The neighborhood is quiet & the apt building is very secure as you need your key to get in & out of the building. This charming apt. is worth the money & value. You won't get all the amenities & SPACE & actual SAVINGS for the same amount in a hotel.
Thank you Alan for a wonderful place. Your place made our family's stay memorable, comfortable and enjoyable!
I would definitely rent this apt again when we return to Japan.

Liked best: Cleanliness & spaciousness
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Families with young children
busyrumbl...
Singapore, Singapore
“What you see is what you get.... Excellent Apartment”
Reviewed 16 December 2015 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

This is our first time to Japan. Our family of 4 visited Tokyo from 8 Dec to 12 Dec. Tokyo is an excellent country despite the complicated railway networks which I am still confused with.

Regarding my stay, the apartment like I mentioned above, what you see is what you get. The stay was a pleasant one. Clean, comfy and warm. I requested for a TV And Alan has a small TV ready for us upon our arrival. When we had questions for Alan during our stay there, his reply was always prompt,

The location was conveniently located. The walk was about 15 minutes from Oji Station to the aapartment. There are a convenience store near the apartment. Food is of no issue too. Noodles shop, Mos Burger, KFC, bakery are all within walking distance. There is also a supermarket near Oji Station.

If you like a location which is away from busy streets but convenient, Alan's apartment is definierly a good choice for consideration.

Travelling group: Other
Friends getaway Families with young children
18 Dec 2015
Hi Candy, I am so glad you enjoyed my home! I also appreciate that your family took very good care of the apartment.

I did just want to respond to your comment regarding distance from the station: it is actually only about 6-8 minutes on foot from the station, and you can confirm this on Google Maps. I apologize if the fastest route was not clear, but I will take note of this and make sure my future guests are aware of it. Thanks again!
Kristinsh...
“Mr”
Reviewed 1 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

What a Great place to stay at . nice quiet neighborhood with friendly people. We found the house to be comfortable, quiet and clean. Close to train.We were able to go anywhere and everywhere. very helpful. We missed our flight and arrived late,Alan took the time to ask a friend to meet us at house to show us around.Good people!

Destinati...
“Feeling home in Tokyo”
Reviewed 13 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

We are warmly recommending this rental in Tokyo! Location is good. Easy access to a JR line station and thus Central Tokyo and outskirts of Tokyo.
Alan, the owner has been very helpful and friendly. Promptly answering all our questions.
Flat was clean and of a good size to our family of four.
Tokyo being hot and humid over Summer, we particularly appreciated to possibility of being able to wash our clothes.
This rental had been easy, satisfactory and flexible.

18 Aug 2015
Hi Catherine,

It was a real pleasure to host you and your family. You took excellent care of my home and were always quick to reply to messages. If you or any of your friends are looking for a place to stay in Tokyo in the future, I hope you will keep me in mind!

Cheers,
Alan
4walkertr...
Osaka Prefecture, Japan
“Clean and convenient”
Reviewed 4 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

Easily slept family of four. 15 minute walk from Oji station so close to JR and metro lines.
Functional apartment with everything provided. Wifi available and Alan was very helpful and responsive to any questions.

Liked best: Location and value
Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
5 Aug 2015
Hi Kimi, thanks again for your stay; it was a pleasure to host your family. I appreciate that you kept the place very clean and were communicative!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing