1,169 results
All reviews subway station royal host restaurant fukutoshin line rooms are small literally next door hotel is located minute walk korea town tully's coffee walking distance stayed here for nights jr pass double bed shinjuku area breakfast buffet laundry room narita airport
Reviewed 24 October 2018

I spent a week at the Sunroute Higashi in October of this year. Checking in the staff was friendly and helpful and speak reasonable English. Our room was 14 sq.m which is about standard in Shinjuku. The decor of the room made me feel at home so I had no problem sleeping well at night or taking a good afternoon nap.
What I really liked about this hotel is that they give a good discount for long stay which I believe is four days or more, and their breakfast buffet. I stuffed myself each morning with potatoes. bacon and perfect scrambled eggs. My Asian wife had a wide selection of Japanese food to choose from. Now the reason why I mention the breakfast buffet is that food in Tokyo is very expensive and you can easily save 2000 yen by eating at the buffet before going out sightseeing. Speaking of sightseeing, this hotel is located just a few yards from a minor metro station which is easy to navigate but which can take you anywhere in Tokyo. It is a short walk to korea town with some very good restaurants and there is a mini mart not far away. In conclusion one can save money and energy staying at this hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank retiredinmaerim
srhsj, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Hotel Sunroute Higashi Shinjuku, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

Thank you for staying with us.
We appreciate your favorable review and thank you for sharing your experiences here.

Hotel Sunroute Higashi Shinjuku
Front clerk: Nakamura

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Can’t fault the place. 4 nights of comfort and quality. The room was quite small but it’s the same size as you would get anywhere in this price range, if not slightly bigger. Metro line into town literally next door or 15 min walk into Shinjuku district. Lots of supermarkets and 24hr restaurants within 5-10min walk.

The staff were nice, helpful and spoke good English. Provided hairdryer, pyjamas, slippers, toothbrush, shower gel, shampoo and conditioner. Shower pressure was excellent, and the bed was really comfy. View from 9th floor was good, no noise at all. Washer/dryer on the 2nd floor which was really useful. Would recommend to anyone.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank DavidBadger1990
srhsj, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Hotel Sunroute Higashi Shinjuku, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Thank you for staying with us.
We appreciate your favorable review, it really warms our heart!
We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

The Sunroute chain is fantastic for offering affordable, comfortable, clean and centrally located hotels all across Japan. The Higashi-Shinjuku hotel is located a short walk north of Shinjuku Station (and about a minute walk to H-S Station). It is close to tons and tons of food/drink outlets and is in an ideal location right next to Golden-Gai - you can drink all night and forget about last trains! The staff service was exceptional and the fact that there are money changing machines in the lobby is a big bonus too. I'd definitely stay here again and I hope that the Sunroute chain keeps their prices relatively low in the future. This was my fourth time staying at a Sunroute from Sapporo to Tokyo!

Room tip: Request a higher floor room - I had a great view of the Skytree!
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
srhsj, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Hotel Sunroute Higashi Shinjuku, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Great - the hotel is next to the subway and makes it very convenient to go around. It is also next to Lawson and came in handy when buying drinks and snacks.

Good - it has the basic necessities and services including Pola toiletries. Water heating and pressure were great. Bathroom is big enough. Although, very thin bathroom walls.

Not so good - I guess because of popularity, front desk always has a line.
You have to literally wait for your turn to talk to a front desk representative. There were foreign guests near our room that were yelling and fighting one night during our stay.

Bad - pillows are typically low and you only get 2 pillows for 2 people. We requested for pillows at 10 pm on our first night but they ran out. They immediately gave us 2 more pillows upon request the next day.

Overall, we would definitely go back for the price and location.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us.
We appreciate your review and thank you for sharing your experiences here.

Reviewed 30 September 2018

Location-wise it is of no complaint, right next to Higashi-Shinjuku station. Room size is of Japanese standard and works well if you are carrying a small luggage. Plenty of food choices nearby and some are 24-hrs. Economic choice of stay.

The greatest disappointment, and certainly a more helpful act would be needed here, was that the hotel refused to assist in restaurant reservation (never mind it was a Michelin-star). Before check-in I was told that my credit card details were needed before they could proceed. Ended up was told that they simply did not provide assistance at all except language support. Quite a contrast from my other encounters in the city during my short stay.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
srhsj, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Hotel Sunroute Higashi Shinjuku, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Thank you for staying with us.
We appreciate your review.

We had some troubles about restaurant reservation such as cancellation charge, no-show before,
so we only can help guests during their stay, not in advance, with language support mainly.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.

We are looking forward to your next visit.