“EVAN AT THIS PRICE STILL AMAZING VALUE AND IMPECCABLE SERVICE”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Park Hyatt Tokyo

Park Hyatt Tokyo
Ranked #1 of 81 Hotels / Ryokan in Shinjuku
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“EVAN AT THIS PRICE STILL AMAZING VALUE AND IMPECCABLE SERVICE”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I wouldn’t have thought after spending over $600 per night I would say this hotel is good value but it is true! Probably the best service I have experienced – highly polished staff, amazingly helpful concierge, cleanliness at a stratospheric level, large beautifully appointed rooms and amazing bars and restaurants. As an example I booked the hotel about 4 months out from my stay and asked the concierge to suggest a teppanyaki restaurant close to the hotel. After their recommendations I selected one (Ukai-tei – a sublime experience – see review) which did not accept reservations more than 3 mths out. Sure as eggs, without prompting, exactly 3 mths from my arrival date the concierge emailed me to confirm the booking. The view are amazing as the hotel starts on the 41st floor (forget the Tokyo tower views from the hotel are better!). Both bars are great and we finished our stay with a counter seat at the grill room watching the perfectly drilled kitchen produce fantastic food. I am struggling to recall a better hotel experience.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank StuckinBangers
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Shanghai
Reviewed 29 April 2012

The experience was unmatched. Gorgeous corner room. Incredible attention to detail. Attentive staff. Prices were exorbitant, but we did not have a single word of criticism after multiple meals and drinks in the hotel.

Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KL2Shanghai
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Writing this as we wait for the bus to the airport. Looking out over Tokyo from the 47th floor through the full width picture window and the view is still special. We stayed Friday thru Sunday using our nights gained from the Hyatt Visa plus an add'l $124 as we needed a rollaway for our daughter, though its not a common rollaway but a very nice twin bed. Waiting for us was a perfect pyramid of strawberries on the table at the window. The service was exemplary, I really liked that at checkin you are taken directly to your room from the door there is no waiting at reception. They refresh your towels twice a day, morning and at turn down. At turn down the second day there was a box of strawberry marshmallow treats waiting for us.
The elevators took a bit of getting used to by the family as you come up from the ground floor in one tower to the first level of the hotel and then there are seperate elevators throughout that floor to get up to the rooms, to get up to the NY grill and the fitness center and spa and down to the fine Japanese restaurant, Kozume.
We ate at 3 of their restaurants and all were quite nice and priced to match.

Room Tip: Have the Kobe at the NY grill, to die for
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank modaffd
Ålesund, More og Romsdal, Norway
Reviewed 25 April 2012

First let me start with saying that staying at the Park Hyatt in Tokyo has long been one of my dreams. I said to myself the first time when I saw Lost in translation in 2003 that if I ever went to Tokyo I would stay there. And thankfully dreams do come through!

I had the luxury of staying for 4 nights in total with Park Hyatt. I had made plans for only 3 but then luckily I got a chance to come back for 1 more night.

Park Hyatt is a hotel that you just know is going to be good the minute you arrive at their entrance. And you have to look up to understand why this hotel is so special. The 3 towers are truly an amazing sight. The meet and greet is fast and effective without any hazzle and the elevator ride to the 41st floor really made my ears pop. Check in was a nice and efficient experience, and they are good at giving you the feeling that every need you may have they will do their uppmost to fullfill.

I had made a reservation for a Park view King room after reading other reviews here on TA. And I must say I was not dissapointed. Entering the room on the 47th floor I felt a rush of energy going through my body. I belive it was the feelings from old those who have entered the room before and gone WOW when they saw the room and views that came with it. The rooms are so nice! It's not over the top with everything, the style has a very subtle elegance to it. And it's made to make you feel relaxed without taking anything away from views outside. The view is spectecular and I spent alot of time just sitting in on wide window ledge just looking out at the city. And the momemt I remember best was getting up early in the morning seeing the sun rise filling the city and the streets with light piece by piece. Recomended! I have only good things to say about the rest of the room, but I'm not gonna go into details since so many others has written much about it before me. I will say that I love their bath and shower products, they made me feel very fresh every morning and the purple baths at night were a bliss.

Something not many others have written about is their laundry service, wich I must say is fantastic. Everything you deliver comes back nicely packed in a basket wrapped in a big paper and everything inside is sorted into small zipped bags. And the clothes you deliver in come back looking allmost like new, that says alot. I also had them help me with washing some newly bought aikido training uniforms wich did not come preshrunk and needed shrinking before use. Short story, the uniforms came back from washing the exact length I had told them I required.

Even though the hotel was fully booked during my stay because of spring break, it never at any time felt crowded. I got a seat every night at the New York Bar and Grill without any delay, the big beautiful pool was allmost deserted, and the spa could handle my request within the hour after making an enquiry. At breakfast I even got a nice window table for myself to enjoy.

All the staff are genuinely friendly and give you their uppmost attention whenever you require assistance. For me the staff is a reflection of the hotel, and all the staff I meet gave of very positive energy. And It think that is why this place feels so great and so special. Because this place really has alot of heart and a very good soul.

Looking forward to my next stay with you, let's hope it will be soon.

From all my heart I thank you for a most pleasent stay!

Room Tip: A corner suite is a must.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Espen B
South East England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2012

The keyword, these days, is 'endaka'. This means that the exchange rate is definitely not helping if compared to our previous stay.
However, at some 50k Yen per night for a Week-End offer (includes a 16:00 check-out) the Park Hyatt experience remains unmatched. Spacious room and bathroom, amazing breakfast (both Japanese and continental), a stunning swimming pool (with perfect service, and not too crowded around lunchtime), great views at the New York Grill ... and one of the best bars on the planet.
The only room for improvement is the rather impersonal way check-out is handled, through a separate 'cashier' desk.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MCMember
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shinjuku
Hilton Tokyo
Odaiba / Shiodome / Shinbashi
Conrad Tokyo
Conrad Tokyo
#1 of 108 in Minato

Been to Park Hyatt Tokyo? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK