“Great business hotel in business district”
Review of Hilton Tokyo

Ranked #4 of 83 Hotels / Ryokan in Shinjuku
Hong Kong, China
“Great business hotel in business district”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights on a business trip. It's a bit off from the main train/subway station - yes there's shuttle running from Shinjuku station and back but it runs only til 10pm - so if you are out for dinner or late evening drink/shopping you are out of luck. Alternative is a good 10-15 minute walk - not terrible but just bear that in mind.
Room size's great from a Japanese hotel standard point of view - good 300 sq feet for their standard room. Nicely equipped with free water and Crabtree & Everlyn toiletries. Don't expect spectacular view from the hotel in the skyscrapper district but view from higher floors can be quite nice on a clear day.
Service's okay - as one reviewer mentioned, language's never a problem. Called belldesk and housekeeping for several occasions and things were delivered straight away. Before I came, I emailed the hotel to ask for help with some restaurant reservations, but never got a reply. They only told me it's done when I checked in - by that time I already got my booking sorted out by someone else (yes the concierge by a certain Platinum charge card is awesome)
Got free breakfast in the lobby coffee shop as part of the HHonors perks - very nice buffet style breakfast but it does get quite crowded at around 8 before everyone got off to work.
I would say this is a perfect hotel for business ppl (esp if your office's close by) or couples on sightseeing/shopping trip (for its room's bigger than average), if the price is right. After all Shinjuku's a good base point for travelling around Tokyo. Would think twice if I were travelling as a family - I wouldn't fancy dragging kids to walk such distance from station to hotel at night.

Room Tip: The higher floor the better. All rooms are not far from elevator - so wouldn't be a bad idea to...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank g4gary
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Tokyo and we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

To make your travel easier next time I would suggest you take the Tokyo Metro Subway which is directly accessible from B1 of the hotel. Alternatively we offer a shuttle service to JR Shinjuku Station - walking is a 10 minute safe and easy trip.

Hilton Tokyo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (592)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 5 March 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton Hotel in Shinjuku for 3 nights. Although the hotel is about a 15-minute walk from the Shinjuku Station, it provides a complimentary shuttle to and from the Shinjuku Station that runs every 20 minutes. The hotel shuttle stops at the side of the Keio Department Store (on the upper-most street level) on bus stop number 21, which is at the West exit of the Shinjuku Station.

Getting from the Narita Airport to the hotel is very convenient since the Airport Limousine Bus stops directly at the hotel (we only knew this after arriving at the hotel).

We stayed in the normal deluxe room, which is large for Japanese standard hotel rooms. The room was very clean. The hotel placed us on the 8th floor in room 824. Luckily, we didn't have to walk far since this room is very near the elevator. The only comment is that the medium-size TV was placed a bit far from the bed. We had to glare from the bed to watch the TV.

The staffs were very helpful. Additional praise would go to the bell lady (or concierge) who would help transport your luggages without worrying about how heavy they are.

The hotel has many restaurants including a buffet. There is a Denny's restaurant 2 blocks from the hotel.

Area-wise, there are vast shopping centres around the Shinjuku Station such as Keio Department Store and Odakyu Department Store. There is a huge food centre in the basement of the Keio Department Store.

Overall, the hotel was just Great! We would definitely stay here again during our next visit to Tokyo.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 824, which is conveniently located right near the elevator.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Journey_Delight
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear Guest,

My team and I thank you for choosing Hilton Tokyo and we are very happy that we left you with great memories of Tokyo and our Hotel.

Thank you for also recognising the excellent service of my team and I will share your feedback with them.

I trust you had a comfortable trip home to Thailand and we look forward to welcoming you back.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 March 2012

PROs: Good room size; clean; comfortable

CONs: no real cons per se; location may be questionable to some; however, it has a direct connection to the underground train

This is your typical business hotel. That is, not a luxury hotel with all the bells and whistles, but an above average business hotel with an 'executive' lounge.

Lobby: the lobby is spacious with a large restaurant/bar; a chocolate bar, a pharmacy/gift shop in the back, and a bank of 6 elevators (I think, can't remember exactly now). The staff were nice. It can get crowded in the lobby.

Rooms: I stayed on the executive floor, which gives access to the executive lounge. This lounge is nice as it provides breakfast/dinner; drinks, etc. The breakfast was good. Limited selection, but you should be able to find what you need. Dinner is really a broad selection of small finger foods. Dinner time gets very crowded as people come for the "free" food and drinks. Wireless is "free" too. The room was above average in size. The bed was average. Someone mentioned the lack of a robe, but I think they hid them in the drawers...you have to open each one to see if they are there. Bathroom was good...had your 'technologically' advanced toilet too. Outside noise was not an issue.

Location: I did not have time to walk around; but this area appears to be close to business and government buildings. There is direct access to the train (via underground passages). Taxis appeared easily accessible. For those who do not want to spend a fortune on the hotel's breakfast, there is a Denny's directly next door (not sure of the cost though).

Verdict: Above average hotel that I would stay at again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank WRXsand2000
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Dear guest, thank-you for your positive feedback and I am glad you had a wonderful stay with us. In particular I am very happy you enjoyed our Executive Lounge and daily breakfast and evening canapes served on level 37.

Concerning 'bells and whistles' we have a large variety of room types including very luxurious western style rooms and suites to modern Japanese style rooms complete with laquer furniture, Japanese timber accents and traditional shoji screens. In terms of guest facilities and services we provide all hotel services 24 hours a day including our restaurant/bar, concierge, guest services, room service and fitness.

Bathrobes or Yukata (Japanese cotton robe) are in all guest rooms in the drawer unit.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back and thank you for sharing your positive experience.

North Carolina
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I stayed here one night on business. I took the Narita express to Shinjuku station and decided to walk about one mile to the hotel since it was a nice day. I stayed in a club room Junior suite. The room was modern and spacious. The bathroom was small and they didn't offer a robe which was surprising but everything else was good. The fitness room was good and the main restauarant had a very nice lunch buffett. The club lounge access was good

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Carync6
Dear guest,

Thank-you sincerely for your feedback and I am very pleased we impressed you with our hotel.

Concerning bathrobes all guest rooms have either bathrobes or yukata (Japanese style cotton robe) in the drawer unit. Pijamas are also available on request along with other amenities from our housekeeper.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Tokyo.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 February 2012

The hilton Shinjuku it's a nice hotel. Location is perfect, 10 min walk from Shinjuku station (they also offer a free shuttle bus)
We stayed in one of the Executive queen suites, with access to the executive lounge. The room was beautiful with minimalist decoration and big enough.
The restaurants in the hotel are good, we had a very nice diner at the Musashino restaurant.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank carnet_de_voyage933
Dear Guest,

My team and I thank you for your lovely feedback and we are really pleased to know you had a great stay.

In particular I will share your feedback on our Executive Floors with my Executive Lounge team.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Hilton Tokyo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shinjuku
Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo
Odaiba / Shiodome / Shinbashi
Park Hotel Tokyo
Park Hotel Tokyo
#6 of 111 in Minato

Been to Hilton Tokyo? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK