Stayed here for 4 nights on a business trip. It's a bit off from the main train/subway station - yes there's shuttle running from Shinjuku station and back but it runs only til 10pm - so if you are out for dinner or late evening drink/shopping you are out of luck. Alternative is a good 10-15 minute walk - not terrible but just bear that in mind.
Room size's great from a Japanese hotel standard point of view - good 300 sq feet for their standard room. Nicely equipped with free water and Crabtree & Everlyn toiletries. Don't expect spectacular view from the hotel in the skyscrapper district but view from higher floors can be quite nice on a clear day.
Service's okay - as one reviewer mentioned, language's never a problem. Called belldesk and housekeeping for several occasions and things were delivered straight away. Before I came, I emailed the hotel to ask for help with some restaurant reservations, but never got a reply. They only told me it's done when I checked in - by that time I already got my booking sorted out by someone else (yes the concierge by a certain Platinum charge card is awesome)
Got free breakfast in the lobby coffee shop as part of the HHonors perks - very nice buffet style breakfast but it does get quite crowded at around 8 before everyone got off to work.
I would say this is a perfect hotel for business ppl (esp if your office's close by) or couples on sightseeing/shopping trip (for its room's bigger than average), if the price is right. After all Shinjuku's a good base point for travelling around Tokyo. Would think twice if I were travelling as a family - I wouldn't fancy dragging kids to walk such distance from station to hotel at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Tokyo is located in Shinjuku, the heart of Tokyo's business, shopping and entertainment district, and is an ideal place to experience modern Japan. A complimentary shuttle operates between the hotel and Shinjuku station and the Tokyo Metro subway is connected to the hotel. Relax in one of the modern Japanese-style rooms and admire stunning city views. The hotel offers WiFi and internet access throughout all rooms and public space. Rejuvenate in the 24-hour on-site health club and relax in the sauna or soothing whirlpool spa. Play tennis on the rooftop courts or swim laps in the indoor pool. Exercise with Technogym equipment, the official supplier of the Olympics and Paralympics. TSUNOHAZU expresses folkloric traditions and boundless energy of the Shinjuku neighborhood in an open-format space composed of colorful materials, surprising design elements and four distinct dining and entertainment zones. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Tokyo Hotel Shinjuku
- Hilton Hotel Tokyo
- Hilton International Shinjuku
- Shinjuku Hilton
- Hilton Tokyo Shinjuku