RIHGA Royal Hotel Tokyo
Ryokan
Tama Ryokan(Shinjuku)
Ryokan
View Hotel
All reviewsjunior suiteshuttle busuniversity districtauthentic japanlounge roomlovely hotelbubble bathquiet neighborhoodwestern cuisinehotel provideddated roomsregular shuttlebeautiful parkhotel restaurantsubway stationbeds were very comfortableour night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2009

I stayd at the Rihga Royal Tokyo for three nights. My room was very nice, quite large and very clean. The beds were comfortable (not too soft) and the room was quiet.
Good breakfast, very nice and helpful staff. Hotel offers a free of charge shuttle bus to the next station where you can find a shopping center and many restaurants.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank butscherona
Reviewed 7 June 2009

I loved this hotel. My room was large and gorgeous. There are many nice amenities in the room too. The bathroom is great. The only drawback was that the location of the hotel seemed a little out of the way, but it made for a very quiet stay. The staff is very cordial and eager to please.

• Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed 6 April 2009

Really beautiful, quiet hotel almost adjoining to Waseda University though the garden. Big well maintained rooms. We were upgraded to a junior suite, which boasts double vanity in the bathroom, 2 flat screen TVs, spacious seating and working areas and lovely view of the waseda university garden below.
But... if you are not familiar with Tokyo and its subway/bus system and don't at least understand Japanese, better stay some more business/touristy properties. The nearest metro station is 10 min walk and it's not easily connecting to others. The hotel provides a complimentary shuttle bus (runs every 30 min) to the nearest JR station, which takes about 10 minutes to get there and again it's only Yamanote line which is a round service, so some destinations may take over 30 minutes ride...
Don't be mislead - the hotel is not in Shinjiku, it takes 10 minutes shuttle ride to the JR stations and 2 stations by train to actual Shinjiku...

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank zoo-san
Reviewed 20 March 2009

I just returned from Japan and one of the hotels I stayed at was the RIHGA Royal Hotel. I had some trepidation about booking here because one of the reviews stated how out of the way this hotel was. Will I was pleasantly surprised to find that there is a shuttle to a JR Line terminal and once there you can get anywhere. My business was at Sunshine City which I was able to get to taking a tram that is 3 blocks from the hotel.
The service was great and our large room overlooked the garden. The bath had a separate WC and the tub was one of the biggest I've seen in Tokyo. Breakfast was expensive so we headed out for our morning meal and we were never there for the other meals.
For a Tokyo hotel I think this is a place to stay at a good price and great service. I will stay here again if my trip puts me North of the Tokyo City Center.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Wizsup
Reviewed 15 September 2008

Nice hotel not overly far from the station.... but on the other hand, if you want to be in the thick of things in Tokyo, there are better places.

That aside, this is a good quality hotel. It sits next door to Tokyo's famous Waseda University, and so is very useful for academics or those visiting friends or family at that university.

Being a Rihga Royal, the standard of service is high, as is the cuisine. I found the rooms not to be massive, but perhaps more spacious than your typical Tokyo room. Well appointed and a good bathroom (with a decent-sized bath).

It's may a ten or so minute walk to the nearest station, that being Takadanobaba. If walking's not your thing, the hotel does operate a complimentary shuttle bus, or failing that, taxis are safe and relatively cheap.

Like I said, it's not in the thick of things, but is in a pleasant enough area. Getting into the busy areas of Shinjuku and the like won't take long on the train, but there are other hotels which don't seem as out of the way.

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Naniwa