“Good Price, Good Location, Will Stay again!”

Sakura Fleur Aoyama
Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels / Ryokan in Shibuya
Anoka, Minnesota
“Good Price, Good Location, Will Stay again!”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

The hotel is perfect for someone who is wanting a place to stay during the time that they are in Tokyo. With a convenience store right outside and the station only a few minutes away this is the perfect place to stay especially if you are on a budget.

The rooms are reasonably sized with a bed, desk with television and bathroom however if you are not used to Japan and how everything tends to be on the small size you may find this to be small. There were amenities in the rooms and the room was clean and pleasant.

Staff was very nice and helpful they also spoke English which as a pleasant surprise as we were not expecting it. They always greeting us and saw us off each time we came and went. They did require that you pass the key to them as you come and go however, it was nice that they recognized us and were waiting with the key by the time we entered the lobby.

Overall this was a great place to stay and I will definitely consider staying there again. Although it is not a luxurious room it is the perfect place to spend your nights as most of your time is out on the town anyway. The biggest selling point for me, however, is being so close to the station. This is an automatic win in my book.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheKathrynAnn
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2011

My fiance and I took a weekend trip to Tokyo to see friends at the end of May 2011. I chose this hotel due to its location and price, and yea I was attracted to the photo of it's entrance - looks elegant!
The walk from Shibuya station is a bit of a task and you will have to lug your luggage over a pedestrian bridge, and then up the steps of that lovely entrance (and do the same when you leave). This is the only negative thing I could comment on.
The staff are well presented and friendly. We arrived early but they set about preparing the room as quickly as possible so that we could move into the room. The room itself was basic and compact as you will find in most other hotels in Tokyo around this price, but it was clean with a comfortable bed, TV, fridge and some floral wallpaper for the girlies. There was wireless internet in the lobby (if you ask) and a convenience store next door. We did not have breakfast there so cannot comment on that.
On check out they were able to store our luggage away so we could spend the day out and about - If like us you are still (reasonably) fit there are plenty of places within walking distance.
Overall this hotel didn't disappoint and was all that we needed for our stay. My fiance stayed here again about a month later and was equally as happy.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JeffMetal
Belfast
Reviewed 17 April 2011

When I stay at hotels, there are two boxes which need to be ticked - cleanliness and location, and this hotel scores highly on both. Though it's difficult to go anywhere without crossing over a major road bridge (followed by some steps to the hotel itself), so it mightn't be ideal if you're got very heavy luggage or a hatred of stairs.

The decor is unusual - kind of trying to emulate classical Paris perhaps, and it succeeds to some extent. Rooms aren't huge, but are big enough.

The hotel seems to strictly enforce rules on who is allowed to go to the guest rooms which is a rule some people may find reassuring, but others appear to find grating.

I see this place listed as 'women only' in some places. While I do get the feeling it is marketed more towards women, I can speak from experience in saying there's no blanket ban on men (though I can't rule out that men travelling alone may be turned away).

Overall - good location, clean, unusual style. Avoid if you can't tolerate a few stairs.

Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank StreetsOfLondon
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 4 February 2011

this is the worst hotel i have ever stayed, the woman in the front dest has a very unpleasant fake smile. I have some visitors, the woman won't even let them walkin my room for few minutes. and they are Tokyo residents, they have never seen those hash and bad service ever before. I felt like I stayed in a cheap place.

• Stayed January 2011
2 Thank xiaohuaj
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 9 November 2010

I saw the reviews here and decided to give it a try.
I originally booked it for 4 days, and after 2 days I had to canceled it and stay somewhere else. I travel to Tokyo twice a year and this hotel is by far the worst one.

1. It is literally a HIGH SCHOOL RESIDENCE. The guests are NOT allowed to invite anyone to their room. All things need to be discussed in the lobby. If I saw this before I booked, I wouldn't have gone to the hotel. Sorry I am an adult, I can decide what I want to do in my hotel room. I have stayed at more than 80 hotels worldwide, this was the first time I experienced this.

2. The room was very dated for 10000 yen/night. The interior was actually like a motel in North American standard. The wallpaper was PEELING! Which, with only 2000 yen more, you can stay at other hotels in the same area that are CLEANER and NEWER. Not trying to advertise, but feel free check out either Granbell or City hotel.

3.The receptionists were pushy. They force you to give them your key when you go out. Even if it was a 30 sec corner store visit. All I wanted was to buy a bottle of juice.The corner store was RIGHT BESIDE the hotel.

4. It is 8 min walk from Shibuya station. If you carry heavy luggage there will be a lot of stairs ; no elevator/escalator.

5. There is NO internet. They lied to me. The website lied as well. You will read all the rules of their hotel when you take the elevator.

Really,
If you need to feel like a 16 year-old school girl again please go ahead stay here. I personally don't have time for this BS. Next time I am paying 1000-2000 yen ( US$20 ) more for better service and environment.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business