“Shibuya Tokyu Inn”

Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels / Ryokan in Shibuya
Beek en Donk
“Shibuya Tokyu Inn”
Reviewed 30 December 2011

I was looking for a cheap stay for 6 days. Low expectations, just needed a roof over my head. This hotel is reasonably quiet but streetnoise comes through in the background. Personnel is very friendly and drinks go by paid dispenser which charges streetprices! Rooms are small as is the bathroom but it is very clean and they support a method for environmentaly friendly cleaning and changing. Absolutly fully worth it's price of €82 per night. It is 150 meters from Shibuya Station.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2011

I went to tokyo with my fiancee for a week stay in shibuya, this hotel is in a superb position close to shibuya station that will lead you to JR lines and metro lines. The stay in the hotel was excellent, the room was bigger than I expected I ordered a semi double, the room was clean, internet was available, TV working, Bathroom reasonable size, air conditioning working, what more can you ask for?

The great thing about the location is it is next to a convenience store which means I could buy food from there and take it up to my room and place it in my fridge without any hassle what so ever.

What I also liked was the fact that not once did I get pressured to eat inside the hotel restaurant, I tried breakfast there once but wasn't really a fan of the food and instead went out to eat. You should really check out the little hidden restaurants on the same street, the food in there is great.

The hotel staff were polite and friendly and some even had basic english and would help you if they can.

I will be going back next year and will be staying here again.

Room Tip: If you bring a laptop with you, go for a room with internet it will save a lot of time finding locat...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michael M
Australia
Reviewed 4 November 2011

The first thing we noticed was carpet stains everywhere - hallways, and in the room there was a big red splotch next to the bed that looked like a crime scene. In a country like Japan you just don't normally see that sort of grubbiness - we stayed in the Tokyu Inn in Kyoto and the rooms were immaculate. The room was a double and it was absolutely tiny - the double bed was pushed right up next to the wall so only one person could get out from the side. At night there was an awful smell that came through the air conditioning so we had to turn it off altogether. For the price we paid (we booked late so it was about $280 a double) I certainly would not recommend this hotel to anyone, other than for being in the heart of Shibuya which is a fabulous location.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank DA_Wanderlust
Ekero, Sweden
Reviewed 31 August 2011

The location, a short stroll from Shibuya station and the crossing, is perfect for visiting Shibuya. Our room was tiny, dark and very orange, but reasonably clean and ok for us to sleep in. I think we chose a standard double room and peeked through the doors to what I guess are the slightly more expensive twin rooms, they seemed decidedly larger and more comfortable and for a couple travelling I would suggest one of those. The hotel as a whole gave a quite run-down impression, but is also not very expensive. I got a little claustrophobic due to the low ceiling, when I first stepped out of the elevator I felt like I was in the cheaper cabin part of a large ferry.

We did not try the restaurant at the entrance so cannot comment on that. Shibuya station holds bakeries and other sources for breakfast and there's a starbucks down by the crossing if you haven't dechiffered or learned to like the Tokyo/Japanese morning food.

Room Tip: Don't get the cheapest double room, go for a slightly bigger one as the small rooms are tiny.
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Sunshine Coast Queensland
Reviewed 26 May 2011

Stayed 3 nights in mid April 2011, was really pleased with my choice. A semi-double room for one person had everything I needed, even a view of the bustling street 11 floors below and the Karoke rooms opposite ... hilarious!! Asked for and got a non smoking room, clean and quiet with a great night's sleep.
Reception staff very helpful, I managed to be understood with my very limited Japanese language and they happily gave me a late checkout (12 midday). Bag storage if you arrive before stated check in time.
Rooms are small as is usual in Japan and I could move around comfortably, but let's face it, I was only there to sleep! Bathroom compact and spotless, water hot and good pressure in the shower. Towels changed daily unless you advise otherwise via a card on the door. Small empty refrigerator perfect for money saving purchases at the convenience store down the street and cold drinks. Hot water machine, tea and coffee supplied.
The location places you right in the middle of the local action .. day and night! Good access ( 5 mins walk to Shibuya station) to transport to other parts of Tokyo via rail and bus and many attractions in comfortable walking distance.
As a solo female traveller I felt comfortable and safe in this hotel and this area of Tokyo.

Room Tip: Book + pay online = no issues at checkout.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo