Grand Hyatt Tokyo
US$ 151
US$ 328
US$ 148
  • Restaurant
Centurion Hotel Grand Akasaka(Minato)(Great Value!)
US$ 86
US$ 382
US$ 457
US$ 195
2,109 results
All reviewsroppongi hillsfrench kitchenoak doormori towerblackout shadesthe club loungeshopping mallrain showerhigh endnight lifelocker roomexcellent hotelroppongi stationbusiness tripconcierge servicefitness centersushi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Stayed there for 2 nights for business travel. Located in Roppongi it is great if you have time to enjoy the night life (unfortunately it was raining non-stop when i was there, so did not really feel like it). Overall design is very modern, rooms are modern with open bath room - to be closed by sliding door. Sleep comfort just average.
One tip: if you want to watch English speaking channels on your TV, you need to press "Hotel channels" on your remote as otherwise your are stuck with japanese only.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Ulrich H
Reviewed 3 May 2012

The location of the hotel is great if you don't speak Japanese as this area is better situated to accommodate non-Japanese speakers. Plenty of shopping, restaurants, and night life nearby.

The rooms were clean and wifi worked fine. Concierge and staff were friendly and knowledgeable when we needed information on restaurants and directions.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 April 2012

The main asset of this hotel is its location in the heart of Roppongi Hill.

The hotel is Japanese efficient, stylish, yet the rooms are small with surprisingly a lot of wasted space. There is a very wide and long hallway leading into the room that other than using when you enter and exit the room, for the rest it’s dead space.

The Club Rooms are located on the 10th floor, which has a wonderful lounge area, yet I do not understand why the club rooms are so low down, where you hardly have a view. To me it would make more sense to have them on the top floor, like in many other hotels, where you could at least see the entire Tokyo Tower and not just the top-third as was the view from our room. Can’t help it, I’m a sucker for views!

If you have no time for sightseeing, take at least an hour and go to the adjacent Mori Tower. The Sky Gallery and Sky Deck on the 54th floor have the highest open-air observation deck in Japan. From there you can see the full 333m Tokyo Tower in front of you and in the distance the soon to be opened (May 2012) Skytree Tower, which at 634 m high is currently the second largest man-built structure in the world.

Now why didn't I have this view from my room?!

Room Tip: I would skip the Club Rooms on the 10th floor and book something higher up with a view
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Rooms are not spectacularly large but sufficient. My WiFi reception was appalling but they quickly resolved the issue.
Clean rooms, quick service and friendly and helpful staff.
The only thing that was a bit of a set back was the early closing hours of the coffee shop, which I think was 10pm last orders.
Otherwise an excellent hotel that I would gladly stay in again!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I stayed in the club floor. But I was informed that the club lounge would not used when I tried to book the meeting room in the club lounge before I arrived. A meeting room in business center was arranged instead. I have no complants about this.

However, I found that the club lounge/club floor was in inovation when I arrived, the noise of the innovation was really annoying. I would consider other hotel if I know it before.

Great with the night view from the rooms and the convenient location. The service was good, too. I really appreciated with the snacks and coffee which I recieved when I waiting to check in ( I arrived there half hour before the check in time). The food in restaurants (I only tried the French Kitchen) were good too even considering the high price, as the price are high everywhere in Tokyo.

The only thing I hope is, the next business trip here will not with the nosie again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business