“Excellent”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Shibuya, Harajuku, Ebisu
Reviewed 1 April 2015 via mobile

Ryutenmon is excellent. The food is fresh and cooked to perfection. The service was outstanding as well. I had one of the set menus and was not dispointed. It was a nice selection of small portions of delicious dishes.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

The Chinese food offered here is no better than anything you would find in an average high street Chinese restaurant. The prices, however, are MUCH higher and in my view cannot be justified. Service was efficient. The setting, typical for an upscale hotel, was formal and a little elaborate for my tastes. But the food we ordered was nothing more than adequate, most served in a cloying, sticky sauce.

1  Thank MJMH
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

Made a reservation in advance, the seat was prepared in appropriated area but the service was poor. Served by host and guest was last. The timing of the food service was too early, to be replenished tea need to be called. For business propose, I won't sudjest.

1  Thank Kazyyyyyyy
Reviewed 6 August 2013

My family and I had high hopes for this restaurant, especially since it's in such a high-end hotel located at the heart of Tokyo. Unfortunately, we all left feeling disappointed. When one goes to a restaurant like Ryutenmon, one expects to receive excellent service as well as an excellent meal. All of the servers were polite with their courteous language and practiced smiles, but unfortunately they all seemed quite inexperienced.

Within 10 minutes of my arrival, I could not help but be irritated by the constant clinks and clashes of dishes.
To my disbelief, many of the servers jogged back and forth in the restaurant. They all looked busy by moving quickly, but it was obvious that nothing was getting done.
After getting our wine glasses, no one came to pour our wine even thought we could see the bottle sitting on the counter. We had to signal someone to pour it, and to that particular waiter, it didn't even occur to him that it is protocol to do a tasting before pouring the first serving.
Additionally, not one waiter even thought to clear the empty tables. I ended up staring at a huge table filled with dirty dishes and leftover food during dinner, which is not a pleasant sight.

Throughout the night we were constantly waiting--to have our plates cleared, for drinks, etc. What was truly disheartening was the fact that I could tell no server thought to take that one extra step to make customers truly feel that they are taken care of. However, at a place like Ryutenmon, located in a hotel like the Westin, I expect, and come for this extra service. Without this, I might as well go to a "family restaurant" and after tonight, I will. It is such a shame because the food was very good--all of my family enjoyed what we ordered to the very last bite.

This is Tokyo--I'm sure there are Chinese restaurants that serve food that is just as good but with impeccable service. There are more restaurants worth your time and money.

2  Thank Kiyo212
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I had the pre-fixe Restaraunt week lunch for 2,100 yen. Amazing food, service was maybe 3 stars as they didn't speak hardly any english.

Hands down the best shui Mai I have ever had. I had a nice dish of shrimp and vegetables, shrimp dumplings and sharks fin soup. Beautiful decor and wonderful food, just wish the service was on par.