What I liked best about the room- It was spacious, had a fantastic view of Tokyo, an overhead "rain", traditional AND hand/held shower, comfortable bed (with choice of pillow filling) and tasteful furnishings.
What I liked best about the hotel- the breakfast buffet. Both Japanese and American dishes were offered at the K'shiki restaurant. Everything I tasted at both breakfast and dinner was beautifully presented and delicious. Chatting with charming Mr. Brachelente, assistant manager of the K'shiki restaurant, very much added to our enjoyment of the dining experience.
Ms. Yuko Sumida, one of the outstanding concierges at the hotel, always welcomed me with a smile, shared excellent advice about sightseeing "must sees", provided neighborhood maps and directions, telephoned shops in search of items of special interest to me, suggested and arranged luggage forwarding to Hakone and purchased train tickets for ongoing parts of my journey. She was always very pleasant, delightful and efficient, and her invaluable assistance is one of the main reasons I would book accommodations again at the Mandarin Oriental.
Having stayed at the Mandarin Oriental, I can't imagine booking a room anywhere else on my next trip to Tokyo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo's visionary design and award-winning service has been recognised as the epitome of sophisticated luxury in the city. Superbly located in the prestigious financial district within the historical and cultural centre of Tokyo, the first Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group property in Japan embodies the best of contemporary and time-honoured architectural splendour. The hotel features 178 luxuriously appointed guest rooms and suites, ten restaurants and bars and an award-winning spa situated within the soaring, Cesar Pelli-designed Nihonbashi Mitsui Tower. The site offers spectacular views of the city skyline while providing access to stately banquet and conference facilities within the adjacent Mitsui Main Building, a Japanese cultural-heritage property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and Prestigia so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo Hotel Chuo
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Tokyo
- Mandarin Oriental Chuo
- Mandarin Tokyo
- Chuo Mandarin Oriental
- Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo Japan