Lowest prices for your stay
US$ 49
Free cancellation until 03/12/21
PricelineUS$ 49
eDreamsUS$ 44
Orbitz.comUS$ 49
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 May 2017

Location is not bad and so quiet. Need to walk 5-10 mins from Kodenmacho Station. Me and my friends ( 3 pax) stayed there for 2 nights (March, 2017). The room is quiet small especially the washroom but the price is affordable.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
宿泊 A, Clerk at APA Hotel Kodemmacho-Ekimae, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us.
We really appreciate your kind words about the location.
Although our rooms are compact, we elaborate the equipment.
We're always trying to keep our hotel clean and neat, not only in the rooms but also at our lobby and the surrounding, though five years have passed since we opened this hotel
Thank you very much again for staying with us and reviewing us on this forum.
Best Regards,

Clerk:Yamada

Reviewed 14 April 2017

The location is good, in a quiet neighborhood, with easy access to metro and train stations. The staff is very polite and professional. The rooms are really small, but still comfortable. No view whatsoever. It's VERY IMPORTANT to consider that the double rooms have the exact same size as the single ones; and cannot accommodate two adults comfortably. The only difference between the advertised room types is the fact that they include an extra set of towels.
The hotel has just one slow elevator, for guests and staff; so be ready to waste a few minutes per day waiting for it. And the stairs are only for emergency exit.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank atlas1971
アパホテル小伝馬町駅前, Clark at APA Hotel Kodemmacho-Ekimae, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

Thank you very much for staying with us, APAHOTEL<KODEMMACHO-EKIMAE>
We really appreciate your kind words about the location.
As you mentioned,from our hotel, you can use four public transportation lines: Tokyo Metro Hibiya Line, JR Sobu Line, Toei Shinjuku Line, and Toei Asakusa Line. You can go to Tokyo Station, Shinjuku, Akihabara, Ueno, Ginza, and Tsukiji directly. Our location is indeed ideal for all travelers, tourists, and businesspeople alike.

Although our rooms are compact, we elaborate the equipment. For example,Our beds, named ”Cloud fit”, have all been made exclusively by our designers to seek sound sleep.
Thank you for your constructive feedback.If there is a chance again, we hope to see you again.

Best regards
Clark:Takahashi

Reviewed 9 April 2017

The APA Hotel Kodenmacho is a pretty old 3 star hotel for which I have paid way too much (around 155USD per night; probably because of Cherry Blossom season). My room was one of the smallest I have stayed so far; with the bathroom being just big enough for 1 person plus only usable for one person at a time (shower and tap share the same water source). Also, the bathroom door has to be kept closed when showing because apparently the fire alarm can go off otherwise - which I have experienced myself when I was jolted out of bed at 230 am one night because the fire alarm has been released by someone on 8/F.

Room cleaning does a below average job; I think all they do is to fold the bedsheets and empty the bins because my used cup has been in the same location for all 4 nights. First time I sat down on the bed I thought I was falling on the floor it's THIS soft (or used?)

But the most confusing thing about the hotel was the crazy right wing propaganda in the drawer. There is one manga comic book on top of two very non-suspiciously looking books (available for sale at front desk). But once you pick them up and read the titles "Japan Pride II" and "Japan Pride III" by Seiji Fuji. Apparently that's the pen name of Toshio Motoya, president of APA group. Those books represented revisionist views about the Second World War, including the idea that the Nanjing Massacre was a Chinese fabrication (!!), the Comfort Women were professional prostitutes with fair working conditions and the suggestion that the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor was actually America's fault... Books with such right wing views in a hotel chain welcoming international visitors (to Japan) is very insensitive if not offensive.

Now I'm not surprised why this hotel was the only one with available rooms for my budget and dates. Wish I knew this beforehand; I will never book a room at this hotel ever again. I am sure most Chinese, Korean and American guest would also feel the same.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Nadia_HKG
アパホテル小伝馬町駅前, Front Desk at APA Hotel Kodemmacho-Ekimae, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Thank you very much for staying with us, APAHOTEL<KODEMMACHO-EKIMAE>
Although our rooms are compact, we elaborate the equipment.
And,All guests can use Wi-fi and wired lan for free.
And,Our egg-shaped bathtubs, can save water by 20 %.

About the part related to the modern history in this book, it was written based on the theoretically derived opinion that the author analyzed numerous materials and so on without being held by what is called the so-called theory. We recognize that history differs from historical awareness and history education by country, but this book is not intended to criticize specific countries or citizens, but aims to know the true history based on facts to the last It is what you did.

Thank you for your constructive feedback.
Anyway, we really feel sorry about our lack of hospitality and please accept our sincere apology.
If there is a chance again, we hope to see you again.

Clark:HORIO

Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

First of all, they do not provide complimentary spring water like other hotels, and the water from the sink tastes horrible.
The room is understandably small and minimalistic, but the problem is that there is no closet or luggage stands. Moreover, the bed is way too soft, I got back pains the next day.
Overall, it's worth the cheap price, merely.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank atlantism2015
Reviewed 1 April 2017

I stayed here with my brother for a week in a double room on the 7th floor. It's about a 15 (or so) minute walk to Akihabara JR station. The Metro station (Kodemmacho) was less than a 5 minute walk from the hotel. (Use exit 1 because it's the closest to the hotel!)
It's quiet and clean. The room was very tiny though, but they change the towels for you every day. They don't change your bedding every day but that's fine. They do so every 3 or so days according to the pamphlet they provided for us.
They provide you with slippers and robes and toiletries. There was even a small fridge. We didn't partake in the buffet breakfast, but they have that option.
The walls are a little thin, so you could hear when people walked through the hall. You cannot adjust the temperature in your rooms, either, but it was comfortable enough. All in all, clean and simple. I'd stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
アパホテル小伝馬町駅前, Front Desk at APA Hotel Kodemmacho-Ekimae, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Thank you for your stayed.
I am pleased with your comment.
As you mentioned,from our hotel, you can use four public transportation lines: Tokyo Metro Hibiya Line, JR Sobu Line, Toei Sinjuku Line, and Toei Asakusa Line. You can go to Tokyo Station, Shinjuku, Akihabara, Ueno, Ginza, and Tsukiji directly. Our location is indeed ideal for all travelers, tourists, and businesspeople alike.

Although our rooms are compact, we elaborate the equipment.
For example,our beds, named ”Cloud fit”, have all been made exclusively by our designers to seek sound sleep.
And,all guests can use Wi-fi and wired lan for free.
And,our egg-shaped bathtubs, can save water by 20 %.

we're always trying to keep our hotel clean and neat, not only in the rooms but also at our lobby and the surrounding, though four years have passed since we opened this hotel.

Thank you very much again for staying with us and reviewing us on this forum.

Clark:HORIO