All reviews front desk minute walk anime wifi bed japan
Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

Overall clean & good. The size of the room was smaller then we thought and was quite squeezing for me and my Wife. The staffs are polite and friendly. Although there are free wifi and internet lan point, the surfing of internet example checking on email will take quite some time to load.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2018

The hotel is clean and nice, but there was construction going on which made it a little noisy. The staff is polite and friendly but they charge you for everything. If you want to check in early, lose your keys there is a charge so beware! The location is excellent though, with a minute walk to Akihabara and right next to the great Jangara Ramen. Rooms are clean and well maintained but small.

Room tip: Opt for lower floors to save elevator time
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2018

This was my first stay in Japan, and the staff at APA Hotel helped make it a magnificent one! The property is a bit hidden, so make sure you know where you are headed so that you do not get lost. This smaller hotel is perfect for anyone traveling solo or small groups of 2 or 3 who would like to enjoy the Akihabara district. The property is almost brand new (Built in 2017) and is extremely clean. Check in was simple, and made for a good first impression. Unfortunately there is only one elevator, and the stairwells are emergency only, so you must wait for the elevator. As I was glad to be on the top floor, unfortunately that made for a longer commute going upstairs and downstairs. The room is very small, but clean and cozy. Housekeeping was kind enough to place bags of new linen and amenities outside my door on days that I did not request service in my room, allowing me to still refresh which was nice. The Canyon City Steakhouse downstairs gives you two choices for breakfast in the morning, but they are quite tasty if you like meat! This hotel is very convenient to the Akihabara JR Train station, Radio Kaikan anime goods, delicious eateries, and SO MUCH more! Being so close to everything in Akihabara, and staying in a very nice and clean establishment helped make my first journey to Japan a success! Saito was very helpful and polite at check out, and I left with a feeling hoping that one day I would return. I hope that is the case! Arigatou gozaimasu APA Hotel staff!

Room tip: Top floor (11) is super quiet but you have to wait longer for the elevator
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 24 July 2018

The hotel was very well situated, being in the centre of Akihabara and close to a number of popular shops. The hotel gave us free energy drinks when we checked in and were polite and helpful. The room had a nice view, comfortable bed and huge TV on the wall, which meant we had to sit right back on the bed to watch anything properly! Also, when we arrived, there were 2 origami cranes on the kimonos provided by the hotel for us to sleep in, which was a very nice touch.

Downside: No coin laundry on site - you had to use the in house laundry service, which was more expensive and we couldn't work out how long it would take to get our clothes cleaned and dried (we had 4 days of clothes that needed washing). We ended up having to search on Google for the nearest coin laundry instead, which was at least a 15 minute walk away.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2018

The location is near (walking around) with Akihabara station and plenty of stores around (Can Do, Lawson, anime shop, etc.). The room (including bed and bathroom) was small but that was no issue. I stayed there for 2 nights.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple