Hotel Edoya(Bunkyo)(Great Value!)
US$ 142
Trip.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 159/night.

US$ 118
US$ 93
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 103/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
US$ 55
US$ 51
Hotels.com
US$ 205
US$ 79
Priceline
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 98/night.

US$ 62
US$ 106
US$ 88
Rakuten Travel
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 117/night.

US$ 90
US$ 83
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 92/night.

All reviewsfour seasonsbeautiful gardenluxury hotelan oasisroom serviceil teatrohotel gardenjapanese gardensoba restaurantthe nearest train stationexecutive suitebeautiful rooml occitaneimpeccable serviceluxurious roomskobe beefcharming hotel
Reviewed 20 March 2018

Such welcoming staff from the moment we got out of the taxi to the moment we got back into the taxi 4 days later.

Lovely reception staff. Helpful, warm, accommodating. Same to say about the cleaning staff who would stop what they were doing to smile and greet us.

When we got to our room there was a long hand written card welcoming us and comgratulating us on our honeymoon, also two maple cakes.

Room: very spacious, huge bathtub and separate shower. Lovely l’occitane toiletries. Huge bed. City view with buttons beside the bed to open and close the net curtains and drapes. Huge tv (though mostly Japanese channels naturally). Desk. Table and chairs and separate chaise long.

Free phone: so on the desk was a mobile phone with internet. We could use this around Tokyo to google places and check google maps. A life saver. It gets wiped automatically after you leave and return it to its cradle on the desk.

Food: I’m awkward enough with food. No meat or fish, and only cooked eggs as pregnant. We got the Japanese breakfast one day one. Lovely setting overlooking the gardens. The manager came over to help figure out what I’d eat. They brought me a big tray of Japanese food. All lovely and I ate my fill. Also roast green tea and juice. The next day we had breakfast in the italIan restaurant. They accommodated my food requests uncluding giving me a fruit salad off the menu. Such friendly and helpful staff!

The gardens: we wandered around the gardens for an hour. They’re pretty and the fresh air was nice.

Room service: we ordered a margharita pizza on the night we arrived. Pretty standard, it came on a table clothed table with glasses of water.

Location: 10-15 minutes to the subway but it requires a bit of a treck up a hill. Not the best location but not the worst.

Plenty of taxis waiting outside.

Overall wonderful experience.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank blueblackbackpack
htl-chinzansotokyo, Front Office Manager at Hotel Chinzanso Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Dear blueblackbackpack Sama,

Thank you for your lovely review! All the staff will be happy to read that you enjoyed their service and smiles.
It is wonderful that you had a truly memorable honeymoon stay at our hotel. Please take good care of yourself and we hope we can welcome you both back with your baby one day.

With warm regards from the Hotel Chinzanso Tokyo team!

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Arrived after at 11am after a 13h flight followed by a 2h ride from the airport. This makes it 4h before the "official checking time". Being told my "room is not ready". Really wanted to freshen up as had business meetings in the afternoon. Asked if any other room would be ready and they offered another one, same category, but I would have to pay the equivalent of USD 280 for the "4 additional hours", or, they would call me as soon as my room would be ready. Making them aware that I was part of a large group (> 200 people on a multi day business gathering right there). No impact. After noon time asked again for my room or any room, and they insisted "rooms are ready, but still have to pay USD 280 for the three additional hours, I would get mine by 3pm". Ridiculous. I asked that if I then check out at 7am (i.e. 5h before official check out time), if they would pay me back the difference, but they did not even get the irony of that. Short before 2pm I asked a third time for the room (remember, empty available rooms have been there with no claim for hours), and this time they had guts to tell me now it would cost me "only" USD 145 for this additional hour before "official check in time". Asked to speak to the manager on duty, and that was the manager duty already.... As a global business traveller with dozens of trips in a year, this is the worst greediest service ever seen by a front desk!
Normally the review would be "terrible", but then again, it seems a bit unfair, because the hotel is really nice, great big rooms, immaculate cleanliness, excellent restaurant, and the rest of the staff truly took great care of every thing (although, comparing globally with hotels of similar standards, expect to over-pay 1.5-2.0-fold). Just the reception team and probably the management's greed spoiled the experience and need significant training or replacement.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear SunriseSki Sama,

Thank you for staying with us. Unfortunately, we could not satisfy you completely and gave you the impression that we are greedy.
As you mentioned you were a part of a large group. That was actually the reason why we could not give you an early check-in. Quite a few members of your group arrived before our check-in time. Some of them booked rooms for the night before they arrived to secure an early check-in. Providing complimentary early check-ins to some guests would not have been fair towards those guests who booked and paid for an extra night and on top of that we did not have enough rooms ready to satisfy everybody. Furthermore, it was decided in consultation with the organizers that all guests of your group would have to wait until near the official check-in time, unless they paid for an extra night or early check-in.
By the way, we checked what time you got your key, and that was short after 2pm (2:09) - almost one hour before official check-in time and before all the other guests who arrived before you and were waiting as well.
In case of individual guests, we always try to give the key as soon as possible, especially to international visitors. In many cases it is possible, but not in your case being a part of an international large group.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Last weekend my wife and I and our son and his fiancé had the pleasure of staying at this wonderful hotel. This would have to be the most perfect hotel I have ever stayed in. The attention to detail and appointment of everything you require in a stay was catered for.

The customer service provided by all staff at the hotel was excellent. We were accommodated on the 8th floor, overlooking a beautiful garden. The garden included a three storey pagoda and we were entertained by mainly garden weddings taking place while we were there. The hospitality we received from members of the Japanese community was also outstanding .

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PJS1958
htl-chinzansotokyo, Director of Guest Services at Hotel Chinzanso Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear PJS1958 Sama,

Thank you for using our hotel and for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. I was extremely happy to read your comment and will pass it on to the rest of the team. Your words will motivate everybody to keep on providing the best possible and genuine service to our guests. Thank you once again and hopefully we will have the pleasure of serving you once more in the future.

With warm regards,

Andre Sol
Director of Guest Services

Reviewed 5 March 2018

We stayed here for one night, only because we had points to spend. It is very expensive and the type of traditional luxury that you would expect from a four seasons. Brilliant garden with a good selection of restaurants and nice spa. Probably aimed more at a slightly older clientele.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
htl-chinzansotokyo, Director of Guest Services at Hotel Chinzanso Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Dear Bryony M Sama,

Thank you for using your points in our hotel! I do hope we can welcome you back and will see you enjoying the luxury and comfort.

With warm regards,

Andre Sol

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

An enormous hotel with 9 F&B outlets and 37 ballrooms, a venue for both business and tourist travellers. Rooms are gorgeously furnished in elegant design of old. The highlight of this hotel is it’s famous gardens which blooms Sakura during spring and has beautiful autumn colours in the fall. One of a kind

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank SVRBlackBookAsia

Dear SVRBlackBookAsia Sama,

Thank you for staying with us! I am happy that you enjoyed our service, facilities and especially the garden. The garden has indeed a special and different charm during each season. Please visit us another time to enjoy it.

With warm regards, Andre