“Best Cafe”

Tablea de Maria Clara
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 5
Description: Tablea de Maria Clara is an up-and-coming cafe at the heart of Tagbilaran city. Like our namesake, we served warm and delicious Boholano Native Hot Chocolate, Sicuate. We also serve an all day brunch menu and freshly baked pastries. We also take pride in our interior and the total ambiance of the cafe. Visit us and experience Tablea de Maria Clara!
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

The Best Cafe in the City of Tagbilaran,Bohol! U can experience a variety of sikwate and its pancakes are exceptional !

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We came here a few times and thoroughly enjoyed our meal every time.

The pasta dishes are excellent value and full of flavour.
Coffee was great, too.

Only downside is that one night it took over an hour for our food to arrive. It was a bit busy, but it's still not great to wait that long.

I highly recommend this place, particularly if you are vegetarian.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed overnight in Tagbilaran City before heading to my mom' s home town in Mabini, Bohol. We checked out places to eat in tripadvisor and Tablea de Maria Clara came as number 1 cafe. We were enticed by the photos posted plus the positive reviews and off we went. Hailing a tricycle from the hotel, we got lost along the way. It was along the way but we missed the place so we had to walk to find it.

We were the only guests when we arrived. I was delighted to see puto maya with mango plus tsukolate in their menu and so i ordered one. Also got pancakes with bacon strips. My partner had herbed breast chicked with rice plus cappuccino. We also had their new york cheese cake. And true enough the food didn' t disappoint. And the food presentation is something any instagram user would love.

The ambiance was also very homey and chic. I wonder why there were only me and my partner plus another couple on another table.

Please come a visit. This place will never disappoint!

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

We ate here twice recently. The food both times was great.

We enjoyed the cheese toastie and tomato soup, and also the pastas - especially the pesto one, which tasted slightly like fennel, which was a bit different and I enjoyed it.

There is WiFi available. There are a number of good choices on the menu, and it’s nice to see vegetarian options. The atmosphere of the place is modern and clean. It’s a bit of a surprise when you enter up the stairs from the busy road.

Be aware that food can be very slow when it is busy - we waited near to an hour for dinner once, so make sure you have time.

I recommend this place, and would go back for the nice food and setting, and surprisingly reasonable prices (the pesto pasta was a good portion at 130 pesos).

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

The place is like an oasis. From the rushed street you can get to this place just by climbing a few stairs. And you'll be welcomed in air-conditioned restaurant with very friendly staff and great food for very reasonable prices. They are very up to date, even their straws aren't disposable. We really enjoyed our lunch here. So, it made me to write my very first TripAdvisor review.
Thank you guys. :)