“A local bar”

Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Sabang
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2017

Good happy hour prices for cold local beers . Excellent staff and while your there try the ribs , very good .

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

A friend and his partner and I went for dinner here and had one of the worst meals ever. I was shocked as I have eaten here many times before, most recently 12 months ago, and not had a bad experience in that time.
Every meal served at our table was just terrible.
I had sashimi tuna as a starter, it was tastless and all the texture had gone almost to pulp. I can only assume it was frozen and thawed badly. 0 out of 10
My friends had calamari, the first dish came out with the coating burnt black and the calamari shrunk to 2mm thick pieces of tough string. It was sent back. -10 out of 10
On their second attempt it was not burnt but so overcooked it was just tough and chewy and unpleasant. -5 out of 10
I then had grilled salmon for a main course and it was tastless, overcooked, and texture less. 2 out of 10
My friends had ribs. They said they were tough and tasteless. 2 out of 10
We did express our disappointment to the supervisor and he told us it was a new chef.
Do not eat here unless the chef has changed since July 1 2017.
The meal cost 2250 peso including a beer and a soft drink.

Reviewed 30 June 2017

Try the house special, Tamarind ribs are fantastic and the service was excellent and we had some great laughs with the staff. A fun night out and you wont go home unhappy.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

This bar/restaurant was very pleasant with great staff. The food was well prepared and nicely served. There is table seating overlooking the beach, bunkers and bay of Puerto Galera.
I would recommend this eatery anytime.

Reviewed 10 June 2017

I've been enjoying eating at Tamarind for the past 6 years since I started coming to PG. In the past two years, I have seen the wait staff often unable to cope with the crowds. This last time, there was a mistake with my order, and when the wrong item came, I was told by someone else that I was lying about my order. When I took exception, I was told that the order could not be changed because I had already tried the food. Drinks were also wrong, main came before appetizer, and the waitstaff was quite sullen and angry. Made for an unpleasant meal. I noticed this on the past 3 times I've eaten here, with different staff, so will not be eating here again. Pity, the food has always been decent. If the owner takes a few remedial actions, I may reconsider.