We booked the Belmond Las Casitas on a recent trip to the Colca Canyon primarily on the basis of the Belmond name. We were not disappointed. The casitas are spacious and beautiful and come with their own outdoor whirlpool spa. The service was excellent, although you somewhat feel like a captive audience because there are limited options outside the hotel. We used the hotel transportation ($450 round trip) as opposed to some other reviews that suggested driving. Personally, I would avoid driving (especially if you are doing it at night) because while the main road is good, there are many trucks and many unprotected hair pin turns on this two lane road from Arequipa to the Colca region. We hired a private day guide ($250) versus a group tour ($80) because we wanted the flexibility to explore other areas and take our time. Overall, a side-trip worth taking, although this was an expensive option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Las Casitas is Peru’s hidden gem. Surrounded by the peace and serenity of Colca Canyon, this collection of luxurious bungalows and fabulous spa offers the ultimate Andean retreat. Blending effortlessly with the natural environment, this secluded 20-room hideaway offers a rare opportunity to experience the traditional beauty of Peru. Spot condors high overhead, hike through the sprawling fields or visit the hotel’s farm. Spend time in harmony with the astounding nature and warm local communities of this lush valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Booking.com so you can book your Belmond Las Casitas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Casitas Del Colca By Orient-Express Hotel Yanque
- Las Casitas Del Colca Canyon
- Belmond Las Casitas Yanque, Peru - Colca Canyon