My girlfriend and myself were in Hafslo in June 2007 and spent one night in a cabin at the Lyngmo Ungdomssenter (camping, cabins or B&B are available). Here are the pros:
- The cabin was spotless clean and seemed to be relatively new. It was also well decorated. Also the facilities were fine.
- Lyngmo Ungdomssenter was all in all va ery clean place.
- We had a fantastic view on the beautiful fjord.
- The staff was very friendly to us.
- We could rent a boot and we were on the fjord in a couple of minutes.
- You can find a shop in hafslo (about 2km away)
- Considering value for money: also a very good deal.
To us, this was definitely our best accomodation and we would have definitely spent more time there. We recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lyngmo offers bed & breakfast, cabins and a campsite located beautifully by the lake Hafslovatnet in the farming area Hafslo in the municipality of Luster, 14 km from the city Sogndal. New rooms with 2 – 6 beds and private bathroom with toilet and shower. Nice place for families! Boat and canoe rental. Lyngmo Youth Camp is a nice place for families and has 16 rooms, built in 2004, with bath. In the season, we can offer bed & breakfast. The camping area (open in the period of 20.6 - 20.8) has a capacity for 25 caravans and can also offer cabins in different sizes and standards. In case the group is larger or wants to book several single rooms, please be aware we have 10 more rooms in the older part of our building. These rooms offer a basic standard, bed and sink. There are shared toilet- and shower-area in the corridor. Activities: At Lyngmo, we have boats and canoes for rent. From Lyngmo there are great possibilities for mountain trips long or short, slack or steep. On daytrips one can easily reach places such as Urnes Stave Church, the Jostedal glacier, Sognefjellet (mountain), wild salmon center in Laerdal, Norwegian glacier museum, Stryn, Geiranger and Lom. ... more less