“Worse meal ever!”
Review of The Crown

The Crown
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 21
Cuisines: British, Pub
Description: Hello welcome to The Crown, We are Friendly village gastropub serving quality cask ales, fine wines and excellent food. Children's outdoor play area and menu available, We are also Dog friendly. We have taken over the pub Last year in November 2017
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

I went here for dinner. Ordered liver and bacon. They forgot the bacon and the seasonal veg was just frozen peas. There was very little gravy so when I asked for more my dinner was whisked away and returned with so much gravy it was impossible to see what I was eating. Needless to say I didn’t eat it. The young girl was polite and apologetic. I would not return or recommend. Go else where!!

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 1 October 2017

I have visited this restaurant before and this review contrasts my previous experience. This time it was terrible. The waitress was inexperienced, no knowledge of the drinks menu, and when she brought the cuttlery, presented it in a pile on the table for us to help ourselves. At 8pm, with only 6 hot mains to choose from and no specials, there were then only 5 mains to choose from as they had sold out. All mains, apart from pasta were served with frozen chips. Our group had starters which were acceptable albeit despite claiming the pate was g/f it was served with ciabatta slices. The mains they got all wrong. One of our group of four, ordered a salad with no dressing- it came with the dressing poured all over it. Our steaks were all cooked incorrectly, I ordered a rare steak, it was presented well done. There were no more steaks to give me so I had a burger as the only two hot menu choices were pasta, fish and chips or burger. I regret I am gluten free so burger it was. It was bland. I just ate the meat. The chips were hard, I left them. The beer battered onion rings were cooked in the same fat as the whitebait starter and tasted of fish. Mains were cold, there were no salt n pepper on the table and it took a good 5 minutes to find some for us despite the restaurant being empty our side. I wonder why. All in all was a complete disaster. They also got the drinks order wrong. The website still displays the old menu and in no way represents the current menu or management team. We all left, disappointed and hungry!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

I often go to the Crown once a week, possibly twice for the food, excellent bar staff, and the perfect dining experience. Never been let down in a year and a half of going to this place.

The staff are lovely, helpful and kind, the food is fantastic, and the menu is ever growing and evolving to become this fine dining syndicate. Overall fantastic visits every time! Thank you all.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

My daughter and I went into the pub today. It was a pretty miserably day, weather wise 0 but when we entered the Crown it seemed very welcoming. We only went in for a snack as my daughter was going to go out in the evening. There weren't many people in the pub, but the waitress seemed to be distracted. We both ordered diet coke; my daughter a ham and tomato toastie and I ordered a brie and onion relish toastie and extra salad - but without lettuce.

My toastie came, but the salad had loads of lettuce. Admittedly it was changed when I complained. My daughter had a plain - sandwich - but it was untoasted. She said that she didn't want to complain .... but it wasn't a huge order to remember! We finished on coffee. My daughter likes strong coffee but it was even too strong for her.

It seems a shame, and everyone has an off day, but .........!!

There are so many eating places in the area - unfortunately we won't be rushing back

Reviewed 4 August 2017

We popped in for lunch on our way to the Lifehouse Spa. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the food was delicious