All reviewseco hotellove naturemountainssurroundingsinsectsnote
Reviewed 6 September 2016

We just slept one night in this eco hotel. This area is usually target of Mexican tourists' so you will find less tourists from abroad. The breakfast is regular from the local kitchen. The swimming pool is nice and cold - I think it is directly from some spring or river (it can be a little bit cleaner also). The staff is kindly. If you know Spanish it just can help you.

Room Tip: This is an eco hotel, so the songs of the nice birds will wake up you everywhere.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 December 2014

It's a true experience to get back to your room by night through the forest and hearing all these noises around you. Hotel build in full respect of nature following the "mesaual" philosophy of life and world.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Rooms have poor maintenance. Windows won't open. Looks old. They could do a lot better. There is trash in some of the walkways between the cabins. At the spa the Massage is terrible. Expensive for what it is. Cuetzalan and Surroundings are really worth visiting

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank gmerysanson
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I was a little bit dissapointed when I arrived to the hotel, after the reviews and information I found online about this hotel my expectations were higher.
The "cabaña" was good with lots of space, a very nice rustic and ecological style, however, the beds were not very comfortable and I had whater leaks on the roof. The parking is really bad!!
The service was not good, (although I don´t have any complains) I didn't get much information when I arrived, they do not have any information regarding tours or what to do around the area and I constantly got "I dont know, we dont have information, or can't help you with that" answers. I even had to push a little bit for the Temazcal service (try to plan 1 day ahead if you want it).
Overall, I had a nice time, relaxed and with many natural wonders, I will be back to Cuetzalan soon but not to this hotel since it was one of the most expensive hotels in the town but far from being one of the best ones.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank adolfogom
Reviewed 21 June 2013

It is an impressive place, it's close to Cuetzalan yet far enough to feel surrounded by the mountains, this place is a co-op build by the natives and the tour of the installations is amazing, particularly the sting less bees, the shampoo made with honey is so amazing I had to bring some with me.
Just a note, if you go, don't forget your sunblock and some insecticide (you will need it at night), after all you are surrounded by heavily forested mountains filled with insects, but aside from that it is a pretty cool experience, we traveled as a couple but could recommend this trip to any family specially with small children, they will love it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple