“Budget Hotel near the Colva beach” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Soul Vacation Resort and Spa

Soul Vacation Resort and Spa
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Colva
Tuticorin, India
“Budget Hotel near the Colva beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

Location is near the Colva beach (not too near though), the best beach in South-Goa (see my review). Ambience was good.

Cleanliness was okay, not too clean.
All through the day there were a lot of staff cleaning the place.

Rooms were good and large, very smelly though.
Beds were good, so sleep quality was excellent.
Toilet was spacious and clean (see my photo).
Swimming pool was good but food/drink not allowed (see my photo of pool-rules).
Air-conditioning is excellent, it was the old window-type but chilling!
Car-park is on the public road, the reason I would avoid staying here again.
Security was good, I felt safe.

Value-for-money because I got a bargain during off-season.

Conclusion: I might stay here again if I go with friends and will avoid if I go with family.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

This was my third stay at Soul Vacation in as many years. We keep going back ever year only due to their hospitality and of course, the fact that it's so close to Colva beach. The staff is extremely warm and friendly, and it's always a pleasure to see their smiling faces welcoming us back. The best part about the place is they have always let us check in early in the morning at no extra cost even though their check-in time is 2pm! This time we got one of the bigger pool-facing rooms which was an added bonus. Airport pick-ups & drops are always well coordinated so that you can enjoy your holiday without worrying about a thing. Another thing - I've never received a call from the reception 'reminding' me I need to check out!

The restaurant has some really lovely offerings. Do try the Mushroom Stroganoff and their signature mocktails - they're absolutely yummy! The spa is affordable and relaxing - do have one of the full body treatments - It's a perfect way to finish off a relaxing holiday.

Looking forward to coming back for yet another stay next year!

Room Tip: Go for one of the first floor rooms near the bar. They're bigger and the noise from the pool doe...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bhavanajaiswal
Bengaluru, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

My wife and I have been visiting Goa every year for an annual rest and recharge break since the past 4 years. 3 of those have taken us to the pristine beaches of Colva in South Goa. Every year we have stayed at Soul Vacation which, being just a 5 minute walk from the beach, is the perfect place for us. The rooms are standard but clean and spacious, with a nice pool and a decent restaurant with a delicious breakfast menu-complimentary may I add. The staff is efficient and helpful and all in all the stays have been pleasant although not mind blowing. For me though, Goa is about the beaches and the sea and I don't really expect much in terms of indoor stays. If you are looking for a mind blowing stay in the lap of luxury then this is not the right place for you but if you want a nice comfortable stay close to the beach, then look no further. Oh yeah before i forget, a major plus point- A great spa offering a wide variety of relaxing massages and therapies-totally worth the price !

Room Tip: Great Spa- Do go for the treatments even if not staying at the hotel!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank James T
Mumbai, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

My husband and myself stayed at this resort for 2 days and had a lovely time here !! The staff which included the reception, the restaurant, the pool etc were at all times very accomodating, friendly and understanding ! We had a beautiful room and the location was perfect - close enough to the sea, shops , restaurants , lounge bar yet not crowded or noisy...

I had made the booking online which included pick up and drop . I was pleasantly surprised with their professionalism in calling me in advance to confirm they would there for the pick up . We reached a little earlier than the check in time which was 12 noon but they allowed us to have breakfast even though it was meant for the next day and even gave us our room earlier. The drop back too was perfectly on time

The TV in our room did not have the English news and music channels but they immediately sent the person to change the setup box so that we could see the channels of our choice .

On our last day we had to check out at 12 noon though we were leaving for the airport only at 8pm later in the day -hence we left our luggage at the reception and went out for the day coming back at 6pm - imagine our surprise when they offered us a room at no extra cost to help us freshen up .

The exteriors may not have been as white as the photos make it out to be or as exotic looking, the cabannas, curtains were removed due to the rains , some of the services like jacuzi , steam were not available but our stay was still one of the best we've had due to the great staff !

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank SFZZ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

We were there for 2 nights, but we didn't find worth. Front office staff dul, with out any grace on face. There dress up and presentation very bad. Same goes for the resturant staff very untiedy, and the resturant manager lord don't understand any thing. I will 100% not recommend this hotel to any one as it has no star.
This was my observation during my stay.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank unknown9876
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colva
1.1 km away
3.5 km away
Joecons Beach Resort
Joecons Beach Resort
#3 of 13 in Benaulim

Been to Soul Vacation Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK