“Room with a view”

Silver Sands Beach Resort
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Colva
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We stumbled on this place , arriving with nothing in mind and grabbing the first vacancy. This is a large hotel with a deep swimming pool, large dining area and large hotel feel. Rooms again are large with large comfortable beds and good bathrooms. Our room looked out on to the water, a lovely vista above local shops with large opening windows. This hotel is on the money but don't get excited about the included breakfast - everything precooked and not overly nice. An ok hotel but not much ambience

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an ocean view
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Silver Sands Beach Resort

Reviewed 15 May 2012

I had planned a trip to goa and decided on Colva as my destination a friend of mine advised me to try the colva beach resort, which is a stone throw away from silver sands beach resort, which turned out to be pathetic with smelly rooms as i wanted to check out the hotel before i could decide on going ahead. I decided not to spend a dime at this resort as Mr.Rozario, was very rude on the phone when put across thorough two room boys who was manning the front office counter, they have a swimming pool that is non-functional, that is when i decided to walk up to the counter at the silver sands and as they say the first impression is the best impression, the front office staff at the silver sands was very accomodating and promised me a late check out (and they kept their promise). They have a coffee day and a subway right in the hotel which is quite pleasing. I believe in true hospitality when you are in a tourist destination, and they kept up to the promise. I am sure they can improve on the food and beverage aspect as with regards to refilling the breakfast buffet and also the availability of items on the menu. I would suggest they look keenly into this aspect to imporve the footfall and guest satisfaction. Thanks guys for a great vacation.

Room Tip: Choose the room facing the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank sujith41173
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I don't like to run down a hotel, but this is the poorest we have stayed in. It has much to do with the area and environment.
Generally, it was in a poor state and in need of a refurb!
We didn't use the pool, as wasn't sure how clean it was and the area around the pool was in a very bad state.
The room had been recently decorated and was adequate for our requirments. The bed was comfortable and the sheets were changed daily. the shower was more of a wet room, but was a really good hot, powerful shower. The TV had a good selection of channels and we had tea and coffee making facilities, although they didn't seem to replace the cups regularly.
We were offered all inclusive on arrival, when we were only expecting B&B. The offer included all spirits and 2 bottles each of Kingfisher beer, however, this was changed to 1 bottle each on the 2nd day - perhaps they looked at us as heavy drinkers!!!!! Also we could have breakfast and evening meal.
The breakfast was awful! Pre cooked eggs, fried or omelet which were put into a warming dish. The sliced bread was on the table in it's packaging with a bowl of butter and a bowl of jam. There was cereals, but didn't fancy the milk. But we did get a decent cup of tea and coffee.
Evening meal was a selection of about 2-3 curries and rice, but they weren't exceptional. and towards the end of our holiday we noticed that they stopped putting them out on display and took to order. I don't think many guests stayed in for the meals.
The bar area was inside with little fresh air, so became very hot. You could take drinks into the restaurant area, but it wasn't a comfortalbe environment. But I have to say, the young waiters were lovely and they enjoyed speaking to us to improve their english.
Having said this about the hotel, you can go out into the nearby bars/resaurants and eat really good food at cheap prices.
2 restaurants we liked were The Goodmans, where we found local english people and La Ben.
The hotel was only a short walk to the beach and we found Colva beach is very busy with indian people, it tends to be where they take their holiday, so we found we were very much in the minority, especially on the beach. And we did find that we were stared at a lot and they took our photos on their mobile phones!!!
There are no sunbeds on the baech, the locals tend to gather and stand together.
We found a nice bar on the beach, Bob's Restaurant where we had lunch and drinks, and after a couple of days, they offered us a couple of sunbeds to use everyday.
We liked Colva Beach and we are looking to go back in November and are currently looking for alternative accomodation.

Room Tip: We had a delux room over looking the pool and was generally quiet. No idea what the standard rooms...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank SW-ENGLAND
silversandsgoa, General Manager at Silver Sands Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2016

Greetings from Silver Sands Beach Resort GOA

Thank you very much for staying with us. I understand that you were not satisfied with your recent stay and I would like to sincerely apologize for the same.

May I kindly request you to forward me your contact details on sanjay@silversandsgoa.com and I will personally reach out to take a detailed feedback on your experience. I look forward to speaking to you.

Reviewed 15 January 2012

I have stayed in this hotel. Nothing special except good location on Colva Beach. Rooms and property is congested but service is good.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
silversandsgoa, General Manager at Silver Sands Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2016

Sanjay Singh Baghel

Reviewed 28 November 2011

I was booked through Holiday India and was promised that this was a 5 star hotel, close to the beach. Well, I felt very cheated by my tour company. This was simply ideal for backpackers.
The toilet and shower is all in one. They also provide you with dirty looking bucket. Hot water was readily available. It was old and mouldy. Sink area was pathetic. Room was very
Old and smelly. Air condition was loud. View from the room was shocking old junk yard.
Service was poor. I wanted laundry done as express and they declined to do it for me. For breakfast, we had to wait for half an hour before they had everything together. Food was excellent.....no doubt about it. Internet only worked in their lobby. Lots of mosquitoes.

Room Tip: I would not recommend this hotel. Spend a little more and stay in North Goa. The tour company, Holid...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 975Kam

Kind Regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Colva
0.7 km away
2.3 km away
Jasminn by Mango Hotels
Jasminn by Mango Hotels
#2 of 5 in Betalbatim

Been to Silver Sands Beach Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK