“Silver Sands Hotel South Goa” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Silver Sands Beach Resort
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Colva
Surrey, Canada
“Silver Sands Hotel South Goa”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

I was booked through Holiday India and was promised that this was a 5 star hotel, close to the beach. Well, I felt very cheated by my tour company. This was simply ideal for backpackers.
The toilet and shower is all in one. They also provide you with dirty looking bucket. Hot water was readily available. It was old and mouldy. Sink area was pathetic. Room was very
Old and smelly. Air condition was loud. View from the room was shocking old junk yard.
Service was poor. I wanted laundry done as express and they declined to do it for me. For breakfast, we had to wait for half an hour before they had everything together. Food was excellent.....no doubt about it. Internet only worked in their lobby. Lots of mosquitoes.

Room Tip: I would not recommend this hotel. Spend a little more and stay in North Goa. The tour company, Holid...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 975Kam
silversandsgoa, General Manager at Silver Sands Beach Resort, responded to this review, 16 September 2016

Greetings from Silver Sands Beach Resort GOA

Thank you very much for staying with us. I understand that you were not satisfied with your recent stay and I would like to sincerely apologize for the same.

May I kindly request you to forward me your contact details on sanjay@silversandsgoa.com and I will personally reach out to take a detailed feedback on your experience. I look forward to speaking to you.

Kind Regards,

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Arabic first
Zirakpur, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

we had a stay for 4days and 4 nights.the rooms were awful there was dampness,walls were not painted well,sewage,smell,ants,bedsheets as if never washed etc.itwas all hopeless.the toilets were never cleaned .the lodge is like a 5star in front of this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank sambhav007
silversandsgoa, General Manager at Silver Sands Beach Resort, responded to this review, 17 September 2016

Kind Regards,

Travellers are raving about these Colva hotels

Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

I was with my family for 3 nights, the staff is courteous, location is awesome. Food was a bit spicy. Loved the outlets like Cafe coffee day and subway within the premises of the hotel, sea facing restaurent is also great. Rooms were spacious and hygenic.

Room Tip: Sea facing as well as pool facing rooms are great to stay in.
3 Thank rakeshjoshi777
Delhi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

We booked this hotel about a month back, and had lot expectations looking at the package rate they had and as they claim it was 3 star. Out of our three nights, the first night got totally spoiled due to the rooms that we got. The rooms had lot of smell of dampness, walls were not painted well, light was not enough, bathroom smelled bad. What there package says - well appointed delux A/C rooms, but the rooms that we saw were even worse than a budget hotel room. Only next day when there was lot of smell in the bathroom and it was not feasible to stay in the room, on our insisting, the rooms were changed but, even those rooms cannot be mentioned as 3 star hotel rooms. Pool and Food in the restaurant was still fine. Second point that we noted was the hotel was more oriented towards foreign tourist (may be all good rooms were occupied by foreingers) as they pay in dollars.

Room Tip: Watch for Rooms 203, 205, 207 - I believe all the rooms on this side of the hotel on 1st floor are f...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank SandeepArora_15

Paris, Ile-de-France, France
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

Hello all,

We had a stay for 3 days in this hotel booked by yatra .com . The hotel rooms were awfull there was dampness,sewage smell,ants,bedsheets as if never washed properly etc . It was all hopeless. The toilets were never cleaned . I will advise that one should never plan to stay in this hotel. The Lodge is better than this hotel,

Sandeep Aroa

Room Tip: Please change the hotel if you every plan to stay on Silver Sand. Terrible Hotel
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Kind Regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Colva
1.2 km away
1.7 km away
Beleza...by the beach
Beleza...by the beach
#2 of 5 in Betalbatim

Been to Silver Sands Beach Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK