Caserio de Mozaga(San Bartolome)
TripAdvisor
Ecofinca La Buganvilla(San Bartolome)
Casa Natura(San Bartolome)
TripAdvisor
Villas El Campesino(San Bartolome)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscontinental breakfastswimming pool isplenty of choicekeyfacilitieslanzarotereceptioneuros
Reviewed 13 November 2016

This little hotel is far from the madding crowd and very relaxing.
We stayed here for 2 nights as we toured the whole island by bicycle.
The reception staff hardly speak any English but are very welcoming.
The bedrooms and bathrooms are spacious and the patio was good for drying off our clothes and parking our bikes. The pool was small and cool but very refreshing and relaxing - no noise other than an occasional snore from sleepy guests!
The buffet breakfast was simple but tasty.
The evening meal was very tasty including the pumpkin soup and excellent grilled fish and vegetables. The deserts were nice too and the chef spoke good English and was friendly and informative.
The main negative point was the lack of any bottled water on arrival - (neither free nor available to purchase) and not much water with the evening meal either - just a very small (child sized) bottle of water each only.
There were no tea or coffee making facilities in the rooms and no staff to serve you anything at the bar. So you do need to bring your own refreshments and snacks (perhaps from the garage near the monument at the main road junction about half a mile away).
There is a very good restaurant a short taxi ride away in Mozaga - Caserio de Mozaga - worth booking ahead - and you may chose to stay at the adjacent hotel there.
The El Griffo vinyard is a short ride / drive up the main road and well worth visiting.

Room Tip: If you have bikes ask for a ground floor room, otherwise upstairs with a balcony would be better.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CmDNewport
Reviewed 10 February 2016 via mobile

Hard review to write really hence mixed thoughts. This is not a hotel. It appears to be a bed and breakfast with optional evening meals. I booked online for 2 nights as I wanted peace and quiet and somewhere off the beaten track. This is exactly what I got so I was happy. The place is easy to find and well sign posted just out of San Bartolome near the center of the island. You need a car or bicycle to get here really. The building is a large house with outdoor pool attached. Reception is a small building next door. Check in was quick. We got 2 keys for house door and one key for room. Double bed was on the hard side for me. Large bathroom and lovely balcony over looking the hills at the front of the building. Passing traffic noise at times but overall quiet. We seemed to have the pool to ourselves during the day. Only saw cleaner in the morning and the girl on check in. Didn't see restaurant staff at all but we ate out. There is a supermarket in San bartolome only a 5 min drive away. If like us you wanna stock up on nibbles, local wine and relax on the balcony or by the pool for a few days without any interuptions this place is ideal. If you want to be waited on hand and foot and have lots of facilities this is not for you. There is a tennis court, gym,crazy golf, sauna ect but all a bit run down and we didn't use. The views from the house are great. Wifi worked downstairs but not in rooms. Parking at front of house. No tea and coffee etc in room. We used utensils/ glasses from the restaurant in our room. Recommended for a couple of nights only, not much longer. Not ideal for kids/families. Couples/older travellers only. Would probably not return as there are too many other options to choose from.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank charrison77
Reviewed 5 July 2015 via mobile

What can we say. We don't have that much money and we don't get the opportunity to go away very often. I emailed the hotel to ask if there was any possibility of having a nice room while we were there. Well the service and hospitality was five star. I can't thank enough she was amazing. Yes the hotel needs a good spruce but the economy is hard. Yes it could do with some sound proofing but again that costs. It's very reasonable. The location is very beautiful and we had a fantastic time. It's not luxury but it is doesn't pretend to be. It's rustic with a lot of love and kindness.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kelsars
Reviewed 18 March 2015

This is not the best place I have been but for a couple of nights stay (I wouldn't stay more than 3 days...) I guess it is OK.
The place is right in the middle of the island and if you have a car you can easily go anywhere in less than 1/2 hour.
The girl that welcomed us was nice and friendly and took some time to explain a little about the island and to advice on what to see and the best way to get there.
The reception is not open 24/7 (it is a very small place) but if you inform of the time of arrival they will be there.
The pictures are so much better than the real place, the swimming pool is a little larger than a bath tub, the gym is small and the sauna won't take more than 2 people.
The rooms are OK, but a little more care would be much appreciated.
It is quiet and the surroundings are beautiful, but if you are looking for fun, look a little further.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank aprilsfreak
Reviewed 6 February 2015

We arrived here about 8pm, after getting a bit lost in the dark (mid-December). The place is all closed up and there is no staff, and if it hadn't have been for one of the other guests coming out and telling me what to do, we would have been wandering around until we saw the little notice on the reception window, telling us to phone. I speak Spanish, so didn't find it too daunting, but I can imagine it would be a bit worrying if you didn't. It also assumes you have a mobile phone and signal, otherwise you would be standing around in the dark in a car park, wondering what to do. Having said that, our room was large, with a big bathroom. Beds are hard! We had a good buffet breakfast, with plenty of choice and delicious baked goods. We actually stayed here two separate nights at either end of our week's house rental, and the second time we discovered a small gym and sauna, which, if I was staying for longer, I would probably use. Our room was a bit cold on our second visit, but there was a (noisy) fan heater, so we didn't freeze. The place is OK, had beautiful views and not a bad option for a short B&B visit, but I'm glad I hadn't booked a whole week here.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple