Caserio de Mozaga(San Bartolome)
TripAdvisor
Ecofinca La Buganvilla(San Bartolome)
Casa Natura(San Bartolome)
Priceline
Villas El Campesino(San Bartolome)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscontinental breakfastplenty of choicekeyfacilitiesreception
Reviewed 18 March 2015

This is not the best place I have been but for a couple of nights stay (I wouldn't stay more than 3 days...) I guess it is OK.
The place is right in the middle of the island and if you have a car you can easily go anywhere in less than 1/2 hour.
The girl that welcomed us was nice and friendly and took some time to explain a little about the island and to advice on what to see and the best way to get there.
The reception is not open 24/7 (it is a very small place) but if you inform of the time of arrival they will be there.
The pictures are so much better than the real place, the swimming pool is a little larger than a bath tub, the gym is small and the sauna won't take more than 2 people.
The rooms are OK, but a little more care would be much appreciated.
It is quiet and the surroundings are beautiful, but if you are looking for fun, look a little further.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank aprilsfreak
Reviewed 6 February 2015

We arrived here about 8pm, after getting a bit lost in the dark (mid-December). The place is all closed up and there is no staff, and if it hadn't have been for one of the other guests coming out and telling me what to do, we would have been wandering around until we saw the little notice on the reception window, telling us to phone. I speak Spanish, so didn't find it too daunting, but I can imagine it would be a bit worrying if you didn't. It also assumes you have a mobile phone and signal, otherwise you would be standing around in the dark in a car park, wondering what to do. Having said that, our room was large, with a big bathroom. Beds are hard! We had a good buffet breakfast, with plenty of choice and delicious baked goods. We actually stayed here two separate nights at either end of our week's house rental, and the second time we discovered a small gym and sauna, which, if I was staying for longer, I would probably use. Our room was a bit cold on our second visit, but there was a (noisy) fan heater, so we didn't freeze. The place is OK, had beautiful views and not a bad option for a short B&B visit, but I'm glad I hadn't booked a whole week here.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amyris
Reviewed 4 January 2015

expensive for what it offers. A lot less glamorous than what you actually see in the pictures. The hotel is well located. it's central in the island therefore you can actually make it to most places in half of the time. The hotel restaurant is a complete ripoff. It is managed by this couple who pretend to sell you it is great food but in reality it is not and they over charge for it.

• Stayed: December 2014
2  Thank gimbuz
Reviewed 16 December 2014

Location was perfect for us. We wanted peace and quiet away from the tourists and that is what we got. Views from 27 were amazing, private balcony too. Honestly had a great time but it's what we wanted. Never any english speaking staff around so please don't expect much from the hotel including food and drinks. We bought croissants every morning but had to ask for coffee downstairs.

Slight problems were - Bed was 2 singles. Bath had rust around taps. Staff didn't help much and also cleaned our room when we didn't ask them to.

Can't complain for the price we paid though. Less than £50 per night with the whole place to ourselves.

Also, you MUST rent a car. The location is quite a bit away from anywhere and I don't think there were many buses.

Tenguise market on Sunday was good fun. Puerto Del Carmen 20 mins drive (17 euro taxi) which was a good coctail night out. Beautiful local food place for takeaway (seeing as the restaurant have no food) called Baya Baya. Only locals buy from here so we're lucky we stumbled upon it. I'll write an additional review soon.

Room Tip: room 27 had an amazing private balcony. Rent a car. Bring nibbles and bottled water!
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ed s
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Location and house are lovely but staff was not very welcoming - for what you pay the service was just very bad. The room had no outside window, we were first told we could use the pool on evenings which the evening shift said we couldn't, breakfast was ok but low key and only family friends got better food on demand (which was a really weird statement). Don't recommend the experience. It's a pity as the place itself is gorgeous.

• Stayed: August 2014