“Friendly bar with brilliant beer”
Review of Fabrica de Cerveza Kettal - CLOSED

Fabrica de Cerveza Kettal
More attraction details
Owner description: Due to illness, the brew house in it´s old location has closed. We are brewing off site for the time being with plans to reopen in a new location in the near future.
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Discovered this bar whilst walking to the Chinese Restaurant from our hotel. It is just a short walk along the road from the hotel so is a perfect place for a nightcap. The beer I had was great. The beers are all made on the premises and they are unusual if not unique in Spain. There is lager and English style beers, a porter, a red beer, a wheat beer and a honey beer. The staff are friendly and the atmosphere is cosy. This is a real find in the middle of this commercial centre. You can buy the beer in bottles to take away too.

1  Thank Paul126_13

Reviewed 3 August 2013

When we arrived at kettle the inside looked lovely, rustic looking with a good feel to the place. The beers selection was good and something completely different with its real ales. Complementary dish of olives too, delicious.
We started to order our food and this is where the problems started...... Everything we tried to order,we were told they didn't have it! Finally settled on the Tortilla Mexicans Rellenas and the Empanadillas. Good.....five minutes later we were told they didn't have the Empanadillas !!! Very disappointing. We asked could we have five minutes to choose again, the waiter didn't come back to take another order, and then brought my daughters sandwich out,which by they way they did have! at this point my husband and i didn't even know if we was going to get anything!!! 20 minutes after the sandwich had arrived the tortilla turned up? Which I must say was absolutely lovely, But The whole experience was off putting and the waiter never did come back...to take an order for more food!!!!! It was a real shame as heard only good about the place!!!!!

Reviewed 7 June 2013

This micro brewery serves wonderful food! I´m gluten free and the staff was so helpful to find appropriate food and explained that the chef had a separate set of pans etc. It´s so great to find a place that gets it!

I had the delicious shrimp and mango salad that was a very large portion, excellent value. Suggest to order a few dishes to share.

The others I was with said the beer was amazing. The brewery was started by a British guy who really knows his beer. They make six different kinds and have this great beer sampler.

For gluten free types, they have a hard cider and wine. I´m going back to try the cider, today!

Since it´s a brewery, it´s in an industrial area near the ocean in Palmones, about 20 mins from Gibraltar. It´s not all that easy to spot, but once you get inside it´s spacious, but cosy and charming. I LIKE it!

Reviewed 5 November 2012

We are infrequent visitors to Kettal (drinking & driving = a problem). If the beer wasn't quite so good, it wouldn't be an issue; 1 pint and go, but I'm afraid folks, it really IS very VERY good indeed!

Popped in on Saturday; El Yunque (Porter) is truly to die for, and La Fanega (double malt & the result of a rather wonderful mistake) is a taste sensation. We enjoyed the Yunque so much we bought 12 bottles to take home. Oh, yes, the beer Gods have smiled down and bottling has begun; Genius!

We sat at the bar & munched on some delicious chorizo & some of the best nachos I've ever had. Great value, good food and AMAZING beer.

If you're fed up of being a lager boy or girl & you want some real taste, visit Kettal. You'll never look back.

1  Thank janeymac