“Loved this place”
Review of Lys de France

Lys de France
Ranked #1,099 of 1,511 Restaurants in Alicante
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Great location by the beach.
We ate here several times during our stay and have to say the food was great. Simple menu ...great pizzas.

I couldn’t find fault with the service - despite what I can see here with previous comments. We came once when it was extremely busy and another time when it was very quiet ( no sun that day! ) and each time the service was attentive and extremely friendly.

Would recommend for lunch by the beach anytime:

Reviewed 15 October 2017

This is set in a lovely position and was really nice sitting here.Staff were friendly but looked a rushed and service was slow.
Unforunately the waiter spilled most of the sauce from my starter over my wifes jumper,probably because they were rushing.
My starter was "ok" at best,however my main of pasta was very poor,too creamy,poor seasoning and I couldnt finish it. My wife seemed to like her starter and her pizza looked decent but it was a disappointing start to holiday.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

We were attracted to this restaurant by the inclement weather. Just as we walked in, the heavens opened. We ate inside (see previous comment) but found the staff confused, as confused as Lys de France with an Italian menu and pizza oven. None of the staff were sure where we should sit as there were only two of us. Eventually they split a table of six and made a two and a four. We sat at the two. It has to be said that the food was great however, the service had a touch of Fawlty Towers. Food, yes, service no! There were also some small details that let them down, the plastic flowers? the wine barrel? The lady that served us did not know what Cava was even though we pointed to it on the menu. I think this must be their first season of running a restaurant and the word "Chaos" comes to mind. Get your act together and this place will be great.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

The food is OK especially the Pizza's but boy can they mess up the order?
Even to more experienced staff can get it wrong.

If you are not in a rush and in a forgiving mood then the food is worth the hassle.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

This restaurant was a second choice as the other one was still closed (restaurants open quite late here) and I would say it was an OK experience. We ate salty crepes which were huge and delicious then a sweet one which was also huge but not so good quality but overpriced. Two friendly servers managed our tables, one without any English knowledge and another with a little but fortunately they had written English menu too. They had also free but weak wifi connection thus we could translate the desserts section which was not translated to English for some reason. In general we ate an abundant lunch here but the lack of English knowledge was a bit unpleasant and tiring.