“Quick coffee stop”
Review of O'Hara

O'Hara
Ranked #1,193 of 1,567 Restaurants in Alicante
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

A reasonable stop for a baileys and coffee and tia Maria and coffee whilst on a walk around town. Friendly enough staff. More hassled by three different street sellers... not to mention an action packed bag pinch! Warning to others and their handbags. Would calm again for coffee although the pews were not comfy.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I agree not a real Irish pub, just a bar. Very surly waiter. The toilets were upstairs & were at best basic. Ladies - no seat on bowl, no lock on door so I tried to not need to go if I was using the place. We used it as they had draught Guinness

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Had a lunch and a couple of drinks here while recently in Alicante . We were hoping for a traditional Irish bar with Irish staff but no . Inside was a kind of Irish theme going on so maybe in the past it was Irish run , but all the staff there now are Spanish . We wanted to go back on the evening and asked if there was any entertainment during the evening and was told ''Yes we have a TV'' . We didn't return for that reason alone . It wasn't a bad place , in fact it was very nice to sit outside and have a light meal and/or a drink . So in all not a bad place to stop off for meals and drinks at the going rates for that Esplanade . (Wheelchair accessible to the bar , but the toilets are upstairs.)

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

I was quite impressed walking in and admiring the pictures on the wall and the wooden decor. I approached the bar and couldn't see any friendly Irish faces or any friendly greeting at all. I asked if they could put the Premier League football on the screen and in fairness they did.
Once the football finished the customers followed suit. I popped to the toilet and was quite shocked at the state of it.
Just stayed for the one drink

Reviewed 13 February 2018

OK its my usual beef about Irish bars abroad but this one doesn't even try to be Irish.
Its a smallish bar with two Spaniards behind the bar. I don't know if its just me but I was expecting someone to be Irish??? In four days there was not one.
Apart from the pictures on the wall there is nothing here to make you feel its an Irish bar. Ok they sell Guinness and Magners but that's it.
Couldn't they even try with a little Irish background music?
The seats are old church pews (or made to look like they were) and are less than comfortable
The toilets are absolutely Rank. If you have sanitiser cover yourself in it from head to toes before going in.
We watched so many people walk in the bar look around and then walk out.
Come on management your missing business here. Get back to your Irish roots
Lets have the craic !