Open today: 11:00 AM - 1:30 PM

Walking tours

Reviewed 6 days ago
Paul F
via mobile

All reviews great tour informative tour spanish history home town understand history his enthusiasm local delicacies castle tour great information european cities free tour an excellent guide history lesson local guide great introduction would highly recommend this tour lots of history
Reviewed 2 days ago

We did the free walking tour with Alba. She was excellent and I say that not just because she told me to! We learned a lot about Alicante and it was light-hearted and amusing. We signed up afterwards for the evening tour of Santa Barbara Castle and the next evening we did a tour entitled Hidden Alicante. I would recommend all of them. The first two were with Alba and the last one with Jose who was equally enthusiastic, informative and entertaining. Good value and not to be missed!

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

Did two tours with alba and jose. Very knowledgeable and interesting. Great to see parts of the city at night that you would not find.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Was in Alicante for 5 days and on the 2nd day my husband and I decided to do the free walking tour of the city. We usually like to do these tour when we are on holiday as it it a great way to find out about the place you are in. Meeting place was extremely easy to find down by the marina outside the ice cream parlour. The tour guide was early as were we so it was nice to chat for a while. There was a large group this day but he introduced us all to each other and the tour began. I can not remember the guides name it could have been Jose but he was young and part danish and I remember him saying that he had traveled extensively but always ends up back in Alicante because of its history and beauty. Our guide spoke excellent English and was so passionate in everything he was saying you could tell he loves his job and country. He was very interesting to listen to and he really enjoyed you asking questions. The tour was very informative and it's a great way to see parts of the city that you might miss if you do not do these tours. The tour guide gave us great recommendations on places to visit and eateries. He had worked in Ireland which is where we are from and he enjoyed telling us places that he had visited. Overall we had a great tour ending in a local shop where we sampled the local food and drinks. I would highly recommend anybody visiting a new country to do the free walking tours it is truly an enjoyable way to spend a few hours seeing and learning the history behind the country.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Today we took our first walking tour and we couldn't have been more lucky to have found Jose. He loves his job and it shows. The 2 hour walk touched on key points with visits to some amazing hidden locations. We finished at the Centro market. The meeting location is close to the cruise port. Thank you Jose for a job well done.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Our guide was Alba, an informative and chatty lady wearing a small PA system. It was sometimes difficult to hear Alba describe whatever we were seeing due to circumstances beyond her control. The tour was very interesting and approximately 1.5 hours in duration.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This was the first Free Walking tour I had ever been on and I would not hesitate to go on another one. A useful introduction to Alicante's culture, food and long history of conflicts. Jose certainly left us in no doubt about Alicante's role in the Civil War. When starting off the tour at the Marina it might be worth a look at the small bust of Archibald Dickson, Captain of the SS Stanbrook, when discussing the fate of the Republican refugees who flocked to Alicante at the end of the Civil War. Captain Dickson and his crew took some 2500 refugees to North Africa.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The ‘Hidden Alicante’ tour took us to places we would never have found alone. It was lovely to see the oldest and most interesting parts of the old town and hear the history and legends from Jose. Great evening tour.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Did the morning tour with Maria on October 18th. She was funny, interesting, knowledgeable and passionate about Alicante.
So much I never knew and I have been here many times.
She allowed for a comfort break, for which I was grateful, and ensured that the person in the wheelchair could still access everything we did.
I plan to go on more of this company's tours when I visit in the Feb/Mar

1  Thank Abuela1949
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We did the free walking tour with Alba today. It was very very good. Very informative and well paced. It certainly exceeded our expectations.
John V.

1  Thank John V
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We did the morning walking tour with Jose which was great lots of history about Alicante and Spain. We liked it so much we booked on to the 'Hidden Alicante' in the evening again with Jose. It was well worth it!