I got the deal from Groupon Malaysia, and we managed to secure RM688 rate for 3d and 2n stay. We went there during the school holiday recently. Brought our kids along (age 5,3).
Went there during weekdays so, the occupancy wasn't that full.
Upon our arrival here, I have requested several items :
1. Rooms to be closer to the pool (as my children love to jump right in as we arrived there)
2. Upper deck room (i read about the experience having the room at the ground floor wouldn't be desirable as the review stated at tripadvisor.com)
3. Double bed (2 adults, 2 children would be suitable for this)
Thankfully, the demands were fulfill without much hassle.
As I was check-in at the reception, my family was welcomed by the 4glasses of lemonade and cold towels. What a refreshing way to treat the gues. The staffs were friendly and this made us felt comfortable.
We were sent to the room by a buggy car.
The view as we were about to approach the room was breathtaking. It never crossed my mind to have such a pleasant view of the resort.
As we entered the room, first thing to do is to switch on the aircond. Mind you, that the room is bulit from log and located on the 2nd floor, so the temperature was quite warm up there. Earlier, we requested 2set of access card, and we used one of it to make sure that during the day, the fan/air cond was ON and the room would not be too hot.
The bathroom is clean and amenities was ok. The resort even provide the guess with two sets of bathrobes, torchlight, iron and ironing board. Coffee making facilities and minibar.
There were a can of drinks and 2bottles of drinking water in it.
The pools was excellent. clean and well kept. Also, the cabana beside it was an added value, I even had a quick nap, as my 2 son and husband take the plunge at the pool.
The breakfast spread was to our likings. My husband did enjoy eating the food. The menu differs from the day to another. Our trip around the resort, we went to Oasis hall located near to the meeting rooms. The number of koi fish amazed us. The kids were super excited to see the fish and we even bring along a few slices of bread to feed them.
We took the opportunity to walk around the resort and our photograph taken.
*a wonderful place to have a wedding photoshoot here!
Wifi is at its best. My husband even mentioned that the speed at the resort is faster than our streamyx at home. We had a good reception even at the poolside.
HOWEVER,,(here comes the not-so-good sides of the resort)
1. The bedding at the room was not to our likings. We expected the bed to be SUPER-Single sized, insted we had a single bed instead, imaging cramming 4 people into 2 small single bed
2.On the first day of our arrival,after 45min rest in the room, we went for a dip in our pool. As we came back, we were shocked to see a plate if fresh fruits in our room. There was no NOTEs telling about it. Thus, we were quite worried about the safety of our belongings and decided to ram it into the safebox provided. On the 2nd day, it happened again, this time, our mini bar had beed stacked with bottle drinks and a can of drinks. Yet, no reminder or notes left from the housekeeping about their presence to our room.
* Dear resort, there's nothing wrong of being courteous and leaving a tiny notes telling about your presence to the room,right?
All and all, we are one satistied guess and we hope (with a reasonable rate or another groupon deals with nice offer) would surely bring us back here.
Thank you for a nice hospitality and made us feel welcomed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spanning over 15 acres, strategically located in the fast-developing Ayer Keroh in Melaka, Philea Resort and Spa is an extraordinary resort built utilising natural resources, including 8,000pieces of disused railway sleepers for the staircase and more than 6,000 tons of marble from Perak as block fencing. Recycled materials from shipwrecks are used as furniture in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Philea Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Philea Resort And Spa
- Philea Hotel Ayer Keroh
- Philea Resort & Spa Ayer Keroh, Melaka State