All reviews beach boys indian restaurant t shirts half board fantastic holiday pool bar cleaned daily safari trip beach side visited this hotel all inclusive package bamburi beach water sports indian ocean waiters pools kenya
Reviewed 3 July 2016

I have visited this hotel several times over the course of more than 20 years. It started off as one of the most popular hotels in the region and often used to be the place to be instead of Whitesands - which was at the time poorly managed.

I visited this lovely hotel in early June and felt somewhat sad. The hotel is in the cusp of being old - and needing a fresh life. The rooms which were once beautiful feel a little tired. The pool which spans the length of the hotel is peppered with a bar - which serves the same drinks it did decades ago. The hotel continues to have its old Indian (Shere Punjab) and Italian restaurant both needing a fresh life. Infact none of the areas in the hotel seem to be any different from 20 years ago.

The hotel on arrival was empty - probably no more than 20% occupancy. That in itself cannot be a reason to cause issue but next door it was house full. The food - although displayed beautifully was not as delicious as it once was.

The view however is spectacular. The beach is pristine and competes not far off with the South Coast. The location is also such that you are not too far from Nyali town where there are some charming restaurants, a movie cinema and a gateway to old town Mombasa.

All in all - this was a great hotel. A place I loved visiting and came regularly. I feel that its lost some of that spark. The people who work there are passionate - i just think it needs a little bit of new direction.

Room tip: AS near to the ocean as possible.
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank sharmoan
Reviewed 21 June 2016 via mobile

I had booked my Hotel on a Tuesday unfortunately my booking was placed on a Monday and thus on arrival I was told my booking was yesterday and therefore all rooms are booked.No explanations but I was with a cold face.
The receptionist was not so kind.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Peter B
TBHMSA, General Manager at Travellers Beach Hotel & Club, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2016

Dear Sir,
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your experience which we highly regret. I have addressed the communication lapse and put in remedial measures to ensure efficient communication to clients in future.
Please accept our most sincere apologies for all the inconveniences caused.
Yours faithfully,
TRAVELLERS BEACH HOTEL & CLUB
FREDDIE KIURU
GENERAL MANAGER

Reviewed 27 May 2016

Had a room next to the beach front. It's pretty quiet.
The staff is very friendly and the food is good. loved the pastries. Its not to far away from town hence accessibility is great. It has its own beach and a terrace where you can chill out with friends or family at night.

Room tip: Rooms further from the reception are more quite.
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
TBHMSA, General Manager at Travellers Beach Hotel & Club, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your support and for the time taken to share your experience with us.
We are glad to note that you enjoyed your stay with us.It will always be our pleasure to welcome you back again.Should you need any assistance in respect to your future stay,please feel free to reach me at gm@travellershtl.com

Yours faithfully,
TRAVELLERS BEACH HOTEL & CLUB

FREDDIE KIURU
GENERAL MANAGER

Reviewed 26 May 2016

The view from the room was excellent. Very comfortable beds and clean fresh linen.Check in was quick and taken to the room immediately. All three meals-the layout was large and the chefs at the buffet tables very friendly and informative on the dishes.A choice of many bars with friendly staff. . The Indian restaurant Shere-Punjab serves an excellent meal. All in all an excellent stay.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your support and patronage of Travellers Beach Hotel & Club, and for the time taken to share your experience with us.I am delighted to learn that you experienced friendly and professional service.I have shared your compliments with my Team Members.
We hope to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed 25 May 2016

Great place, amazing pool and the beach! Friendly and courteous staff:)
Nice hotel for either solo or family outing.
Good water sports facilities
Really nice pool and cleanliness was to the point as well

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your valued time to review us in Trip Advisor!
It will always be our pleasure to welcome you back again. Should you need any assistance in respect to your future stay, please feel free to reach me at gm@travellershtl.com
We look forward to your next visit to the hotel. Take care!