My wife and I have just returned from a 3 week stay in Whitesands in March. The staff are very,very polite and helpful. The resort itself is right on the beachfront,there are other hotels along this stretch of beach,but by walking along the beach,you can clearly see,that the Whitesands is the best one available.The beach is magical. The Reception area is very well presented,staff welcome you with a cold towel and a fresh juice as soon as you arrive. Check in was swift and the luggage was carried to the room by the porter. The rooms are good by Kenyan standards,the hotel is currently going through a major refurbishment,but at no time do you hear any disruption. The rooms were very clean,we stayed in 2 different rooms,as we returned from a safari mid way through,and both were fine.You must do the safari. The food and choice of food is excellent,plenty of restaurants to suit every palate. The pools are amazing,there are quiet pools if you so desire and these are a welcome release if there are lots of children around having a good time!!! We never encountered the infuriating sight of beach towels left on Sunbeds all day. In fact you could sit anywhere you chose and this was at 10 o clock in the morning.The staff cater for your every need,when you go to pick up pool towels,we were asked where we would like to sit today,and the sunbeds,of which there are plenty would be prepared for you,thank you to Justice for his friendly accommodating manner. The bar staff are amazingly friendly, and the seafood restaurant is a must,we found it to be under used,but every time we dined here,it was out of this world. The beach is great,when you arrive for the first time,the beach boys pick you out and hassle you with all sorts of trinkets and trips,we found that if you just politely ignorned them,they gave up. There is an internet cafe and wireless internet which worked very well. We have already booked to come back next year. We never heard of a single complaint in all the time we were there,a lovely lovely place,you will not be disappointed. This hotel will be even more popular when the refurbishment is complete,at the end of the day,you get what you pay for,and this returns you in spades. P.S Please do not be like most residents and spend the whole holiday at the resort,we travelled about and experienced far more about Kenya,than we could have imagined. It is a safe area,but like all places,you need to be sensible. To the loyal staff at Whitesands,keep doing what you are doing,as it is clearly working. Thank you for a lovely stay,see you next year Vinnie and Fiona.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- East Africa's finest resort, Sarova Whitesands Beach Resort & Spa is conveniently located on one of the longest magnificent beach fronts on the Kenyan coast. We take pride in ensuring our guests enjoy the most relaxing and comfortable stay in tastefully furnished rooms and suites offering spectacular ocean, pool and garden views. For dining and entertainment, guests can choose from three themed superb restaurants, two great bars, and the exclusive Cocos Beach Bar, overlooking the beautiful Mombasa Ocean. There are four outdoor swimming pools with water slides, spring board, diving boards and four floodlit tennis courts that also serve as a landing ground for helicopters. A fully equipped wellness and fitness club with state-of-the-art fitness equipment, a PADI diving centre and a host of water sports, like snorkelling and jet skiing are also available. Be it a family holiday with children, beach wedding, honeymoon, business meetings with a difference or special interests like deep sea diving or fishing, Sarova Whitesands Beach Resort & Spa has something special for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Jovago.com, Agoda, Prestigia, Expedia, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sarova Whitesands Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarova Whitesands Beach Resort And Spa
- Sarova Whitesands Beach Hotel Bamburi
- Whitesands Hotel Mombasa