“Modest meal. Not as it used to be in the Paradores of old.”

Restaurante del Parador de Sos
Reserve with
Restaurante del Parador de Sos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Es el restaurante del Parador
Reviewed 5 February 2016

I booked the dinner with the room. It seemed good value. But the dishes were a bit meager. It is fine for elderly people, but if one has a healthy apatite its a bit slim. The restaurant is full of elderly spanish. Maybe a groupon deal in Spain ? Golden weekend, who knows. I have eaten a lot better for a lot less money. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't a discovery of tastes as well.

Álvaro R, Director at Restaurante del Parador de Sos, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2016

Thank you for sharing your commets. We feel sorry you didn`t like our dishes.

Best regards,

Reviewed 22 October 2015

You don't come here just to eat, there's SO much more. It is in the Aragon valley (in the Pyrennees), where the views are truly wonderful. The restaurant is in the Parador hotel in SOS DEL REY CATOLICO, which is reachable by road from two directions. Whatever you do, take the approach from the west, NOT that from the east which involves a juddering 35 kilometres on a difficult track that takes no less that an hour to complete.

Then you realize why people make the journey: the situation is magnificent, with views "to die for".

Álvaro R, Director at Restaurante del Parador de Sos, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2015

Thank you so much for your comments and the directions of how to get here.

Best regards.

Reviewed 14 October 2015

My husband and I had our dinner here. I ordered sea bass with squid noodle and my husband ordered deer with blackberries sauce. Both were fantastic good. We had mixed salad as starter and our dessert were Lemon cream yogurt with fresh fruits and creme caramel, the quality is just perfect, we have nothing to complain.

Álvaro R, Director at Restaurante del Parador de Sos, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2015

Thank you so much for your good comments.

We hope to see you back soon.

Sincerely.

Reviewed 24 February 2015

We did enjoy our evening in the restaurant and on the balcony sipping wine with the lovely views but it did not quite come up to what I was expecting.

Regardless it was still quite good and worth a visit if you are in the area.

Álvaro R, Director at Restaurante del Parador de Sos, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2015

Thank you so much for you comments. We hope to be able to have everything perfect next time. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our views with a glass of wine.

Best regards. Parador de Sos staff

Reviewed 18 September 2014

Let me preface this review with the explanation that I rarely give 5 stars to anything other than the most outstanding places, wishing to save it for those places which are just pure genius/outstanding/amazing. 4 stars to me is a brilliant mark...
Anyway, my mother and I were staying in a rented house in France near the Pyrenees and fancied a day trip over the mountains into Spain (as she loves Spain and had been to this Parador years before and quite fancied their lamb in honey - a regional speciality). So we drove through the Tunnel de Somport (a long tunnel through the mountains) which drops you out near Jaca in Northern Spain. So after a lovely drive through the mountains (on a very winding road) we both arrived hungry and a little worried that we might have missed lunch (we got there at 3pm). However, this was not a problem at all - they serve lunch until 4pm (a wonderful change from the French early lunch) and as the restaurant was pretty empty on a Tuesday afternoon, they served us quickly and attentively. They had a set menu which looked rather good value considering French menu prices (I think it was 24 Euros including a glass/carafe of house wine, but as I was driving and my mother didn't want to drink on her own we barely looked at that). Instead we reviewed and menu and saw that the dish she was hankering after (the lamb roasted with honey and served with potatoes) was supplemental to the menu, so we chose a starter of a chilled soup (necessary given the heat of the day and the fact that the air con in the car had clearly run out of coolant on the way) and the lamb. I had a brilliant cold tomato soup with egg (which tasted a lot like gazpacho, but more nutty) while my mother had a chilled melon, peppermint and ham soup. The menu, filled with typos (pippermint), was in Spanish, French and English which was helpful for me given that I only speak English and French, but was not necessary given my mother's command of Spanish - and the waiter was clearly thrilled to be speaking Spanish to foreigners (I saw from a distance that he was able to speak English to one other couple who arrived, but didn't appear to be as happy speaking English as Spanish). The lamb in honey when it arrived was a giant slab of lamb on the bone (far too much for me to eat - I tried my best!), served with a lot of potatoes and quite a lot of fat. This was delicious but perhaps not the best idea to eat in the afternoon when you are not staying at the hotel as the post-prandial lethargy set in shortly thereafter! So we sat on the balcony overlooking the valley for a while before I got the energy up to drive us back to France.
On a side note, try to avoid the forest track to Sos Del Rey Catolico - it is the one which looks on the maps to be the most direct route - but you can't get over about 40mph on it at best as it is riddled with potholes and wiggles. We came back via the proper road which looked to be a much further distance - but was a lot faster! We also discovered that they are nearly finished building a motorway between Pamplona-Huesca which enabled some lovely empty motorway driving, although we were kicked off and back on to the normal road twice before we got to Jaca and the Canfranc/Somport pass road. Now while we hadn't got any map more recent than 2010 in the car, I'd recommend buying a new map in 2015 when it is finished so that if you are driving through Northern Spain you get to take advantage of a road that no one else seems to know about!

Álvaro R, Director at Restaurante del Parador de Sos, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2014

Thank you so much for your comments. We`re so glad you like the food and the lamb so far. We hope to see you back soon.

Best regards. Parador de Sos Staff.